A bug (?) in colonization civil war?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bug (?) in colonization civil war?

I just remembered one bug in the civil war period in colonization.
    When the european forces arrive near one of your cities, the man-o-war stays near for bombardment. The bombing is shown in the increased attack of kings forces (was it 50 or 33 %?).

Well, once i got lucky with my pirate ship and sank the manowar to the coast. And when the king attacked next round, the bombardment bonus was still on!!!

D-A-M-N!

Any similar experiences? Or totally different?
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Same thing happened to me.

Anyway, I try not to let them attack my colonies, and be the first to strike (unless the first unit I send against them gets beaten. Then I'll wait until next turn since all units that turn are bound to lose). So this problem is rare for me.
    "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
    "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

That's not really a bug. It's just there to show how much control the europeans had over the waters and to make it harder to win the independence.

What I do is have a large group of cavalry (15-20 veteran) for every group of cities in "cavalry range" Whichever city I get attacked in I move the nearest group to that and destroy their 6 units before they can attack.

Also try to have all your vet's in 100% cities to make them continental guys. I think there's a limit between 5 and 10 of how many can be changed in each city tho.
      Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Working...
      X