Civ 1 scores...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 1 scores...

For nostalgy's sake, what is your's best civ1 score ever?

Mine is 262 % on emperor.

[edit]: you can also tell how did you do it (if you can remember )

I was russian, on earth map, 7 civs, had a good start. During first century i conquered a lot (maybe 3 or 4) of opponents, and found 2 or 3 advanced tribes from huts... I would call that a pretty good start.

Ended up 1865 40,000 colonists to Alpha Centauri...
    1-40 %
    8.57%
    41-80 %
    14.29%
    81-120 %
    2.86%
    121-160 %
    11.43%
    161-200 %
    14.29%
    201-240 %
    20.00%
    241-280 %
    8.57%
    281-320 %
    5.71%
    321-360 %
    2.86%
    361-1 000 000 %
    11.43%
    Last edited by aaglo; May 3, 2002, 03:58.
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

275%, I think...
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I can't really remember. But I don't think I played it that well back then, so I'll guess moderately
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I think I usually got 100 + but just after I voted I remembered a time when I got around 200
        Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

999,999% if I remember exactly To be hornest, I have no clue, since I never saw which score I got in (all kinds of) games before I got Civ3...And that is still the only game I notice the scores!
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I can't remember. funny, I played it quite often but can't remember the score. This seems to be quite common, so I think the score doesn't mean anything.

Comment

200+ definitely but I can't remember my exact score. Never finished the game as an Emperor though.

Comment

In fact I didn't finish the most games. Once it's obvious you're going to win it became a little boring, just hunting for the score. The interesting part was the first hour of a game.

Comment

130ish on Emperor, conquering the world... Bbablyonians often start in Venezuela or Indonesia once you destroyed the Zulu. The starting positions for restarts are repetitve, despite being "random", which makes conquest games easy

ít's still a shame building gets a higher score than conquering

Comment

A good game doesn't depend from the score. I had quite easy games with a good score in the end,and I had tough games I finally managed to win - ending up with a lousy score. So I think that the score really doesn't matter

Comment

I 2nd that

Comment

132% at king level. I like to play pure conquest so I only build units and nothing else.

Comment

I have got absolutely no idea what my highest score was, it's been ages since I last played it!
                          Does anybody remember the names of the leaders that go with the score? I remember being better than Dan Quayle and Neville Chamberlain. I believe Ottoman and Eric the Great were in there too. Any more names??
                          "I will not give you a cup of water if you were drowning in the desert!"

Just my favourite CIV-quote. :)

Comment

I think that solomon the wise was the highest
                            I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

You get score by many citizens, wonders of the world and future techs or by world conquest.

Comment

Working...
                              X