Brad - the 1.21 patch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brad - the 1.21 patch.

Brad, do you have a rough sense of when we could expect the Mac download of the 1.21 patch?

Thanks a lot.

Txurce:

I don't know the answer regarding the 1.21 patch (Mac version), but I do know that Westlake is working on an editor for the Civ III Mac edition. It's in the alpha stage right now and will apparently only be compatible with the OSX version of Civ III Mac.

I hope the Mac editor will allow the direct placement of civilizations. And I also hope the mutual PC/Mac patch support will continue.

Gatekeeper
    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Mac patch 1.21

Brad Oliver said on CivFanatics that it may be a couple of weeks, but the patch *should* be here before the editor is. He's currently working on another game that has a deadline, but will get this as soon as he can.
      --Mav

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Comment

Why only for OSX? I bought Civ3 also and spend the same amount of money as the next guy, but I don't get the editor. What sort of company/developer would want to just cater one section of the mac community?
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
            Why only for OSX? I bought Civ3 also and spend the same amount of money as the next guy, but I don't get the editor. What sort of company/developer would want to just cater one section of the mac community?
            I would assume it's because OSX is going to be Apple's benchmark from this point in time forward. Anyone using anything less than that is simply going to have to upgrade. That includes me, since I'm still using 8.5.1.

Gatekeeper
            "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

If thats the case, then Civ3 should only have been released for OSX.
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

i wouldn't go thaaaaaat far. but i can't get the latest patches to download on my damn computer anyway.

Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

Here's what you do: Edit in OS X (when available) or Windoze, then transfer the civmod.bic over to your Mac. The edited civmod.bic DOES work (personal experience) with 1.17f (PC) / 1.17g (Mac).

I have been told that the Editor works fine in Virtual PC.

Yes, I knowww... Now you need a Windoze friend or Virtual PC & the PC version of the game. I did NOT say it was an ideal solution.

JB

Comment

Bingo

Comment

Working...
                    X