Bradman - any tips on sound issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradman - any tips on sound issues?

Sorry to turn you into a help desk, but since you pitched in for the guy with the RAM issue I thought I would take advantage of your good naturedness as well.

As I wrote elsewhere, I often don't hear the sound effects that go with various animations (i.e. combat etc.). Also, the music stops playing after the opening sequence (i.e. I get it while setting up a game but it doesn't play in-game despite the check box for music being marked and the in game and system volumes being at max). I've got an iMac G3 600, 256 megs ram, the standard sound system and I'm using the most recent update of OS X (10.1.4 I think). Any ideas? It's not a huge issue but I bought these new headphones just so I can play games without bugging my wife while she watches TV and now I want to have a use for them.

Other than that, it's been working great - well, except for the fact that I can't seem to randomly generate a decent starting position - yesterday I started in an oasis in the middle of the only desert on the planet and I had the Japanese as neighbours (Me: "Hello, pleased to meet you." Them: "Hi. Give us all your gold and tech or die.") Not the peaceful builder game I was looking for.
    What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Re: Bradman - any tips on sound issues?

Originally posted by Echinda
    As I wrote elsewhere, I often don't hear the sound effects that go with various animations (i.e. combat etc.). Also, the music stops playing after the opening sequence (i.e. I get it while setting up a game but it doesn't play in-game despite the check box for music being marked and the in game and system volumes being at max).
    These should be fixed in a patch or two. Just hang in there.

Brad
    Brad Oliver
    bradman AT pobox DOT com

Comment

Thanks!
      What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Comment

Working...
      X