Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple's New iMac

yj
    Last edited by Wiglaf; December 12, 2007, 15:28.

Wiglaf:

I had planned on buying a new iMac no later than May 2002. This new design certainly is different (neat, but different nonetheless).

From a Civilization viewpoint, though, I hope the "iLamp" can play Civ II along with Civ III. Not sure how higher (700-800) mhz speeds would affect the older Civ II application. Not to mention the fact that I heard the new iMac will launch automatically in the 10.1 environment ... no mention of the Classic environment.

CYBERAmazon
    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

[quohjst plain ol 10.1.
      Last edited by Wiglaf; December 12, 2007, 15:28.

Comment

and this is from a real mac follower

that thing is a$$ ugly
        Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

Matter of opinion. I actually like it.

Comment

You people who think the new iMac is ugly need to look again... it's different not ugly.

It's a work of art! Just because nobody has done it before (except for some prototype pictues I was e-mailed by my dark-side cousin) it's revolutionary.

I jumped for joy as it made the front cover of TIME... stared in awe at it and drooled. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm a Mac tower man I'd be all over it like a Gatesonian computer programmer over a strip club free entry coupon deal.

(Okay, I know these people are just as hard working as the rest of the world, just trying to put food on their families' table, etc, but they do work for the Empire, thus meaning I can make fun of them... right? )

At any rate, I like it, and Wiglaf, don't let anybody tell you any differently!
            I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

The references you see to the OS being 10.1 are just pointing out that, unlike the iMacs that shipped up until December, 10.1 will be the default OS and you will have to "switch startup disks" to boot in OS 9. Up until now iMacs came configured to boot into OS 9 and you had to install OS X yourself (the disk was included in the box, it just wasn't installed on the drive at the factory).
              What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Comment

Re: and this is from a real mac follower

Originally posted by d_dudy
                that thing is a$$ ugly
                From what I have read, the iLamp looks better live than in photos. 10.5" diameter dome is bigger than it appears in the pics I have seen.

Comment

Working...
                X