Playing the PC version on the Mac.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing the PC version on the Mac.

I spoke with my local Mac store about playing the PC version of Civ 3 on a Mac, using software like Virtual PC. I was told that no games work well with these programs, and that I was better off waiting for the Mac version of Civ 3. Does anyone with knowledge of these conversion programs have reason to differ?

Not that I'm desperate, or anything.

well, i'm waiting for bradman's bang up job!

i've heard about changing your imac so that you can install windows (ick!) and games working pretty well that way

popular mechanics had an article telling step by step (with pictures!) how to do it
    Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

I'll probably wait for the Bradman as well. Consider my original post a dark fantasy that won't go away.

Comment

Generally only programs that eat up few system resources will work well on Virtual PC, etc. I've only used old versions, so newer ones might be improved. can't be sure...

civ3 is probably too intensive to work on conversion software. IMO you should wait the few extra months and get the faster, more reliable, and hopefully patched, mac native civ.

then again, if anyone with more knowledge on the matter is here, by all means correct this information. personally I wouldn't buy it until you know for sure, though.

Comment

hehehe..seems it is hard enough to get it working on a pc!

I don't think there is any way this will run on an emulator.
          The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Thanks for all the advice, guys. I'm with you, waiting 'til next year, for the version that will put the PC game to shame.

Comment

Working...
            X