so how do you PBEM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so how do you PBEM?

Curious for some technical tips, thanks.
    Last edited by Wiglaf; March 2, 2002, 11:44.

when you say technical, do you mean how can i start a PBEM game in SMAC, or do you want to know how PBEM works, or what?
    "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

non gameplay related specifics - how it would technically work (time limits, how the game gets around the different players, how your turn is made, etc).
      Last edited by Wiglaf; March 2, 2002, 11:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
        non gameplay related specifics - how it would technically work (time limits, how the game gets around the different players, how your turn is made, etc).
        There are three ways to play a multyplayer game:

Hotseat: You have one computer and everyone comes, plays a turn, and passes to the next player. If you have all the players over at your house to play this is for you, otherwise forget it.

Internet Play: Everyone logs on with their own computers at the same time to play. There is a time limit for each turn. I think the length is set at startup, but can be changed from the game menu. Games progress quickly, but there can be connection problems and cross-platform playing is out.

Play by email (PBEM): The favorite choice for multiplayer games. Play a turn, save the game, then send the saved file as an email attachment to the next player. It is slower then the other options, but you can play with other players all over the world and cross-platform.
        Don't rule me out when I'm losing. Save your celebration until after I'm gone.

Comment

No cross platform for Internet? Bummer..didn't know that..

Dave
          "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Working...
          X