A Perfect Civ3 For The Mac???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Perfect Civ3 For The Mac???

Will Civ3 for the mac ship completley (with the abilety to add/change Civs Scenario editor and so on....) or will it be exacly the same as the PeeCee version?? (if they would make it perfect for mac more people would understand why we have a Mac in the first place...)

Re: A Perfect Civ3 For The Mac???

Originally posted by King_Of_Hearts
    Will Civ3 for the mac ship completley (with the abilety to add/change Civs Scenario editor and so on....) or will it be exacly the same as the PeeCee version?? (if they would make it perfect for mac more people would understand why we have a Mac in the first place...)
    I'm with you. The Mac version must be better then the PC version. We're the ones that have to wait so long. They have time to make it better.
    Don't rule me out when I'm losing. Save your celebration until after I'm gone.

Comment

Re: A Perfect Civ3 For The Mac???

Originally posted by King_Of_Hearts
      Will Civ3 for the mac ship completley (with the abilety to add/change Civs Scenario editor and so on....) or will it be exacly the same as the PeeCee version??
      I'm not up on the editor situation on the PC side, so I can't even begin to guess yet.

Brad
      Brad Oliver
      bradman AT pobox DOT com

Comment

I really start to like the Bradman alot....

Comment

...a programmer who replies quickly to all questions asked of him. The reason why our forum is better then the Civ 3 forum.
          with SMAC, the Mac version contained many things that the PC version never even got at all, let it be the same with Civ 3
          "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

You'll at least get all the pc fixes included with it.I imagine.

Seems a grand marketing scheme is at work so don't hold your breath on anything else though.The history of the civ series is to SELL upgrades to the same game as many times as possible.

You never know though.Things change quicky these days.Inititial sales will be the big factor I think.

btw-I picked up my copy of civ3 PC today
            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Originally posted by Smash
              You'll at least get all the pc fixes included with it.I imagine.

Seems a grand marketing scheme is at work so don't hold your breath on anything else though.The history of the civ series is to SELL upgrades to the same game as many times as possible.

You never know though.Things change quicky these days.Inititial sales will be the big factor I think.

btw-I picked up my copy of civ3 PC today
              i thought you were just considering buying a pc? do you already have one, or are you planning to get one?

traitor
              Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

he already got one from dell (yesterday?)

Comment

yes I have defected...BUT ..I am awaiting delivery-Nov 11>14th.I think a visit to the inlaws and their HP is in order ..might as well bring civ3 with me....

It sure was nice walking into the computer store and going to the massive section with 1000s of titles ..so much to choose from.

on a humorous note..I saw a copy of ClarisWorks 4.0 for $200 Canadian.I wonder how long thats been sitting there

I still have my g3.Its not going anywhere
                  The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Everyone:

I sincerely hope that the PC patches, which are undoutably already being coded, are included in the inaugural release of Civ III for the Macintosh. What worries me the most is word of the poor Earth maps and, even worse, an editor that won't let you place cities or units. I haven't read enough to comment intelligently on whether or not other bugs (real or not) would warrant a level of wariness on my part. (I cut my teeth in terms of bug troubles with Civ II Gold.)

CYBERAmazon
                    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Working...
                    X