New SMAC/X PBEM Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just sent out 2101 to wgabrie
    Steamweasel: will change pbem strategy gaming on the mac. http://steamweasel.sourceforge.net
    --> We still need helpers, contact me ASAP!

Comment

2101 to Admiral.

Good to have you back illira.
      Don't rule me out when I'm losing. Save your celebration until after I'm gone.

Comment

whenever i attempt to load the file i get a system error. Though it may be the fault of the file Wgabrie sent, i am experiencing some odd problems with SMAZ (different then the odd problems i was suffering before) so it's probably my computers fault. it is being worked on, i should be able to fix it by tomorrow.
        "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

If you get a system error when loading the game through the multiplayer menu on SMAX: update the version to 1.2 ( is that the current one?). The original version had a bug in save files so they were not compatible with PC-SMAX, but the update resolved that. However, no backwards compatibility is there (and of course none forward).
          Steamweasel: will change pbem strategy gaming on the mac. http://steamweasel.sourceforge.net

Comment

what is the significance of

faction parser
            could not find the following entry in a faction file:
            (blank)
            The faction file was:
            (blank)
            this entry is mandatory for faction files.

i updated it and i still get the system error. the above message appears when i load SMAX, but when i hit ok it goes away.

"Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

I've checked the save file. It seems okay. The game has all original faction leaders, but replaces Believers with the Angels. I have recived that message before, while I was trying to add SMAX functions to the SMAC file. Try reinstalling SMAX, and updating it to version 1.2.1 that should work. If that doesn't work, we will just say the file is cursed and try starting again from scratch.

Comment

Is this game over before it got started? Admiral, where are you?

Comment

Okay, I've just recived an email update from Admiral.

There's a bug in the SMAX 1.2.1 update that won't let it run on 8.x he needs to upgrade to Mac OS 9 for the SMAX update to work.

I'm also going on a trip Nov. 13 - 18, so that should give Admiral time to update his machine.

So long, I'll see you all next week.

Comment

OS updated. All systems nominal. File read, turn played, and sent.
                    I now have the extreme honor of saying...
                    2001 to rue.

Comment

smax 6 --> Ash
                      I think this is correct.

Comment

Turn is away... --> Illiria

Comment

--> wgabrie

Comment

2102 -> Admiral

Comment

2102--> Rue

Comment

2102-->Ashman

Comment

Working...
                                X