Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac/PC Apolytoners

had.php?s=&threadid=23725[/url]
    Last edited by Wiglaf; December 12, 2007, 15:26.

th
    Last edited by Wiglaf; December 12, 2007, 15:27.

Comment

Re: Mac/PC Apolytoners

Originally posted by SMACed
      ... Macuser, can you try to pump up the userbase (w/o breaking any rules, of course)...maybe news items, links, etc...

We need some company!

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=23725
      I replied to part of the question (where is everyone) in the above Apolyton/Community Forum, we can continue the what to do here.

First and foremost is to make the Mac pages useful, principally by whacking all the old stuff and pumping up the scenarios and utilities. (no big surprize there) Something that I've been meaning to do for a LOOONG time is create an individual page with description and screenshoot for each scenario (obviously something that I need help doing). Also the Utilities are scattered about and need to be in one spot for DL along with the instructions for conversion and creation. I've also long wanted to create a FAQ for Mac users. I have a bunch of e-mails that I've answered from newbies asking things like: what OS version works the best (relevent again with OS X); can I MP with a Windoze user; where can I find ________ (insert almost anything except love! ); how do you create a scenario; ect. Somethings are answered in the ACS "Great Library" or elsewhere on the site, in those cases a link to the best source would be appropriate.

As for other things, I was once told that Romulo hosted/organized some sort of Mac Civ tournaments. I suppose that we could try something like that, but it still begs the question of why is this a "Mac" activity as anyone could play. While it's nice to know that there are fellow Mac addicts out there, other than a warm fuzzy feeling, I don't know how useful it is. Any other bright ideas?
      "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

I suppose that we could try something like that, but it still begs the question of why is this a "Mac" activity as anyone could play.
        Mac team takes on PC team. It gets everyone involved with a little OS war in the process

So far:

-A site overhaul
        -A tournament
        - all tournament discussions take place in the mac forums, of course

and how about a universal news item/announcement to go along with the above? I'd consider it legit, so there's nothing sly or anything overly traffic hungry about it.

Comment

Would this MP tournament be played whit scenarios or in normal games.
          IMO MP scenarios are a lot more fun than the normal games.
          MP in a normal civ game is just boring...
          No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik
            Would this MP tournament be played whit scenarios or in normal games.
            IMO MP scenarios are a lot more fun than the normal games.
            MP in a normal civ game is just boring...
            My oldest son seems to agree. With my return to ACS, we started playing a MP game on our iMac LAN. We started with the reg game, but he talked me into playing the Dinosaurs scenario on the MGE CD. It's like learning a whole new game again! (not a good thing in my case!) Perhaps it's time for the first Mac page poll?

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Originally posted by SMACed

Mac team takes on PC team. It gets everyone involved with a little OS war in the process

So far:

-A site overhaul
              -A tournament
              - all tournament discussions take place in the mac forums, of course

and how about a universal news item/announcement to go along with the above? I'd consider it legit, so there's nothing sly or anything overly traffic hungry about it.
              I don't see anything wrong with any of this as long as it stays friendly and competative and does degenerate into a tired OS flame war. (Even I concede to the war to MS and their superior (if not agressive) marketing schemes.)

Comment

Re: MacUser

I don't see anything wrong with any of this as long as it stays friendly and competative and does degenerate into a tired OS flame war.
                People still do that? I thought it died out a while back..shows what I know

If there is a tournament, I probably couldn't participate, for several reasons. First off, I'm no top level civver - ask me to take on a fully charged OCC game and it'll be a while. So the main participants would probably be (assuming interest) Smash, MacUser, Smack (if he has civ) and Henrik. I dunno who you'll contract for the pc side - that's anybody's guess. Goodluck there . Also, seeing as my time will be somewhat limited in the days and weeks to come, I probably wouldn't have the capacity to charge headfirst into a civ tournament.

Of course, issue number one right now is getting people (especially macers) to play in the thing. Since there might be some apple users who frequent the forums, just not this particular section, some sort of bulliten might do the trick.

Hope it goes well

Comment

Working...
                X