Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civilization III Still Coming for Macintosh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilization III Still Coming for Macintosh?

Everyone:

Just what the subject line implies. I did some perusing in the Civ III forum, but didn't find anything with my (admittedly) cursory scan.

It's been months now, but I do remember reading that Firaxis was in favor of porting Civ III to the Macintosh via a third party company (Macsoft, maybe?).

Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

CYBERAmazon
    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

right here

It doesn't sound real good as far what we will actually get.I remain cautiously optimistic.
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Sounds to me like the standard "We're bringing it to Macintosh, but we ain't promising when because it could take longer than anticipated."
      As an engineer, I know that the only time you can be absolutely positive about when a product will be released is the day it actually hits the shelves.
      -HOWITZER AL-
      -------------------
      Some complain that God put thorns on roses,
      While others rejoice that He put roses among the thorns.

Comment

Smash, Howitzer Al:

Thanks for the link and insights. To me it sounds like Civ III is a guarantee and that the question is more or less "when" it will be released. According to the link, they're trying to release it at or near the time the PC version comes out.

I shall keep my fingers crossed and wallet ready.

CYBERAmazon
        "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

Comment

I have no doubt we'll see it.I just wonder what we'll see.This "but we hope to be able to keep the Mac development closely in sync" stuff worries me a tad.

Is it going to be the same?

Will we see a MGE type fiasco with horrible conversion?

What OS and what not will be minimum?

We wait and see.

I'd rather a MAC version contain all of the fixes that are going to have be addressed in the pc version.Then we just have to try and fix our own bugs.
          The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Smash:

I hear you in regards to the MGE fiasco. I don't know how long I spent troubleshooting bugs with Brian Nesse, but I did earn a copy of CtP for it. OTOH, we didn't get rid of the "quit program" bug. Then there was the overly-aggressive AI. Suffice to say, MGE is on my HD, but so is the standard Civ II game, which I play all the time.

CYBERAmazon

Comment

They gave you CTP?
              It that a reward or punishment?

Comment

Originally posted by Smash
                They gave you CTP?
                It that a reward or punishment?
                Smash:

**LOL** I have to abstain from answering that since I did receive it as a gift from Nesse and Macsoft. Suffice to say, it's on my HD as well, but doesn't get as much play as the standard-bearer Civ II.

CYBERAmazon

Comment

Based on the press releases and the timing of those releases, I'm thinking that CivIII is a lock and it will be a Carbon version playable on either OS X or 8.5+Carbon extensions. 'course I'm an optimist too. I bought OS X 10.0 and expected to replace all other OS's immediately!
                  "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Working...
                  X