Many Problems with Mac CTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many Problems with Mac CTP

ince I bought this game over a year ago, I have experienced the following problems. I have tried every known method of troubleshooting to no avail, and my computer has 224MB RAM and is more than adequate:

The game freezes or crashes randomly and often.
    Music does not play.
    The game does not come with any scenerios or pre-made maps (duh!).
    Loading or making scenerios or maps is EXTREMELY confusing, and so far I haven't been able to do it.
    Auto save feature acts like it is saving, but really isn't.

I'm sure I'm missing some. If I had to rate this game as a whole, I'd give it * (due to the impossibility of completing a game without it crashing, discouraging you, and having you throw the CTP folder in the trash). Civ II would get ***. Nice to see how we are evolving. Will Civilization III just start your computer on fire?

Anyone else have these problems?

I just got CtP for the Mac myself and have yet to get it working at all. I hang right after I double click on the app.
    I also have plenty of ram but I still cant find the conflict thats hanging me up.

Comment

SUE EM

All Mac users who bought CTP should file a class action lawsuit against it's makers.

CTP has to be one of the worst performing games, or applications, I've ever run. It it totally unfinished. I cannot believe they sold it as it is. I hope somebody lost their job over that great idea. It's a smack in the face to me. And, now they are not even working on patches for it any more (evidentally).

We deserve to get Civ III for free, since we allready paid for it.

Comment

The latest CTP patch solved a lot of the problems I have had. The key to a good CTP experience is to give it a lot of RAM and save often. Once you get it working, it's a great game!

find patch here:

Comment

Hay IJCOBRA,
          Dont you just love the way the Mac community rushies in to help us out.
          They must be holding back to let the MacSoft tech support people in first.
          MacSoft tech support...yawn...zzzzz
          Vince

Comment

All the problems I described are with 1.2b patch installed.

All the patch did for me was make saving/loading the game act like a Mac application (duh, it is isn't it?).

I sent a message to the mac tech support for CTP, describing the problems I am having, and this is the reply I got from "Tech7 (HE)":

"If your monitor can't be set to 640x480xthousands on the desktop, you won't
            be able to use the menus in this game. The game uses the monitor resolution
            in order to detect where you are clicking."

I have yet to be able to figure out what he is talking about, if he is even talking to me! Whatever that means has nothing to do with what I asked him about. Yes my monitor can be set to that, but menus and problems clicking things ARE NOT THE PROBLEM THAT I DESCRIBED! Duh!!!

Comment

Working...
            X