Largest city?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Largest city?

How large cities have u managed to get in honest play? Im at 32.

I think I had 132 something...but that was way back...now I am playing borg style and rarely gets any cities above the size of 7-8.

Christopher
    [This message has been edited by Christopher (edited March 28, 2000).]

Comment

How did you get 132????
      Steamweasel: will change pbem strategy gaming on the mac. http://steamweasel.sourceforge.net
      --> We still need helpers, contact me ASAP!

Comment

Wait! Are we talking the largest # of cities, or the largest city (i.e. # of citizens in one city)?

How the heck could you get a hundred and thirty some-odd citizens?

-flomp
        *flomp*

Comment

I was talking about the number on the largest city. Not count of cities.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Flomper on 03-28-2000 08:46 PM
            How the heck could you get a hundred and thirty some-odd citizens?

There's some trick you can do by sending multiple Colony Pods per turn to the same city. You can run that city's population up as far as you want. I've seen it discussed on some of the other Apolyton AC boards but haven't tried it.

To do this obviously you need to be pretty late in the game and have 2-4 other cities producing enough nutrients & minerals to pop out a Colony every turn. Tree Farm + Hybrid Forest + a whole bunch of satellites should do it.

-F.

Comment

Alternatively and much simpler I might add (pop boom via SE choices for +6 growth or cloning vats)

Hab complex
              Hab Domes

Food from Kelp farms yields ~80 nutrients matched with 80 hydro sattelites yields base population of 80 (160 nutrients). Crawler in additional nutrient resources to allow total nutrients in excess of 260 (no upper limit on amunt of crawlered resources) bingo self sustaining population of 130+. This will be time consuming as best population growth will be one per turn (assuming you are not adding colony pods to help growth rate i.e. pod booming).

or

All squares within the base are condensored/farmed/soil enrichers yielding 6 per square (excluding nutrient specials) or 120 nutrients matched by sattelites and/or crawlers to bring in requisite nutrients above 260.

This is a late game strategy obviously after Hab domes.
              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
              X