win the game? I try to access the city
    where im researching it to buy the research
    and the game freezes. I emailed Aspyr and
    they said they are working on the fix.
    Of course, that was two weeks ago.

Im just kvetching but has anyone else had that
    problem?!?

Eric
    "I am Homer of Borg. Prepare to be assim...ooh!
    donut."

oops...didnt mean to post twice!!

------------------
    donut."
    donut."

Comment

Yeah. It's something that will be fixed in the next patch.

Ash

Comment

Well, ,dont go to the city anymore... This should work.
        Or: Win in another way
        Steamweasel: will change pbem strategy gaming on the mac. http://steamweasel.sourceforge.net
        --> We still need helpers, contact me ASAP!

Comment

Thank god someone else has this problem. I e-mailed Aspyr about it but haven't heard anything back from them. I thought I had screwed something up with the game. First time it happened to me I hadn't saved in 4 hours. Had to completely rebuild, I was not happy. Now I save all the time.

Chris

Comment

you could go back to 1.4
            The bug first appeared with 1.4.1
            Steamweasel: will change pbem strategy gaming on the mac. http://steamweasel.sourceforge.net
            --> We still need helpers, contact me ASAP!

Comment

Ah, so it's not just me who crashed. Well, I lost about ten hours of progress on Sunday, so I wasn't planning on going back to it until next weekend. Now, I may wait for another update as well.

------------------
              -Alphax
              -Alphax

Comment

When the game crashes, you can just use the Autosave files to go back a few turns - no need to lose 10 hours worth of gametime.

Until the patch is out, you can work around the crash by queuing up the Ascent to Transcendence project in the city you'd like to build it with, and don't open up that city window again until it's built. It is the actual act of viewing that base while the AoT is under construction that causes the crash.

Brad
                Brad Oliver
                bradman AT pobox DOT com

Comment

#1: I did check the autosave files, but they were all dated from the day before.

#2: In my current(first) game, the Morganites are militarily stronger and would definately build the final wonder before me unless I spend money on it.

------------------
                  -Alphax
                  -Alphax

Comment

Instead of buying it, you can always send supply crawlers (a la caravans in Civ II) to help build any Project. I tend to use supply rovers since they contribute more to the project (60 minerals vs. 20), are more efficient and require less micromanagement.

Has anyone noticed the AI "hurrying" a Secret Project in any fashion? I haven't played at the Transcend level yet, but aside from changing projects in midstream, I have yet to see the AI hurry any project, much less an important one (eg. The Empath Guild).

- Doug

Comment

boo! university hurried the HSA after i gave him a loan! i needed that SP!

librarian level

Comment

Heh, I beat the 100 turns demo! What can I say, I work quick!
                        (I originally thought this post was about someone needing strat advice on beating the game).
                        "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                        Drake Tungsten
                        "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                        Albert Speer

Comment

Working...
                        X