Comments about the game attributes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments about the game attributes

Was that a broad title or what? I'm wondering what Mac users think about the "look and feel" of Mac-CtP. My personal opinion is that it is a very dark and unfriendly appearance and the user interface is horrible for a Mac application! Whatever happened to the "easy and intuitive" user interface that Mac users have always had and Windows users are now loving?

The new units themselves contribute to the "dark" feeling. Adding slavers, lawyers, televangelist and sub-neural ads, seems to be more of a cynical comment on our society rather than an attempt to advance the scope of the Civilization series. Not to mention that the choice of dark colors makes it hell for a color-blind fool like myself to look at the screen! What thinkist thou?

Ok, folks sharpen up your quills and defend your game! I confess to be openly hostile to CtP, yet still a potential convert! Although it may take an ACS Televangelist to do it!

------------------
    "And now for something completely different..."
    - John Cleese
    "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

I not quite sure what you mean about the "dark" colors. I find the colors to be bright and very well done. Especially when compared to Alpha Centauri's.

I think that a lot of people who tried CTP after years of CivII had the same initial response towards it. I personally enjoy the new units. They certainly can be annoying when used against me, but they sure are fun to use.

Comment

Working...
    X