New to CtP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to CtP

Well now I have another Forum to visit! My boys gave me CtP for my birthday yesterday and now I'm trying to figure out the big differences. I loaded the game and current patch and it demanded 105 MB RAM! It initially seems to play on my 233mHz iMac with 96 MB physical RAM , but geez, that's some hefty requirements! What type of machine do most CtP players use? Do you have virtual memory on or just work with physical RAM? Are there tweeks that you can adjust to lessen the resource demand?

The game in general seems more realistic than Civ II in that you have to pay your workers and specifically tax for roads and "Public Works" (not to mention Lawyers! ). When playing Civ II, I tend to build lots of roads quickly to increase the trade arrows and general happiness. I take it that really isn't possible with CtP (seems that it would take much longer). Any tips or links to old threads on how to play the early game?

Finally, any must read links or strategies for a newbie?

Thanks for your replies and I look forward to getting to know some new Mac-ACS users!

------------------
    "And now for something completely different..."
    - John Cleese
    [This message has been edited by MacUser (edited August 19, 2000).]
    "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

I'm not sure about where to go for strategy, but in all of the current PBeM games I'm currently in, Baston and TheThirdJesus, seem to be the gurus around here. To give you an idea of how poor a player I actually am, go look at the thread for PBeM #2. Hehe, I lost most of my empire do to revolution. We are working to get it back at this time.
    [This message has been edited by -Ashman- (edited August 22, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
    X