Dutcheese PBeM 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutcheese PBeM 1

This is the thread for the Dutcheese PBeM Game 1.

The list of players, their civs and e-mails are as follows.

Baston - English - mark.hunter@net.ntl.com
    TheThirdJesus - Irish - jsavage@mac.com
    Jenkins - Japanese - h54homer@aol.com
    Finrod - Hebrews - timelf@aol.com

If anyone else wants to join then drop me an e-mail or post something here in the forum. Now that the game has started i will start a new game with you and anyone else interested.

I'll be e-mailing out a short note to the current players before we start.

Official Start is Monday Evening 8:30 GMT (I live in England) - It will move according to sign up day and time (see above) regardless of geographical location.

I will start up a second game during the week and more as the PBeM gaming community increases.

Cheers!

Here's the link to the Dutcheese Scenario/Mod Pack:
    http://apolyton.net/cgi-bin/ctp/files/download.pl?id=83
    [This message has been edited by Baston (edited February 19, 2000).]
    [This message has been edited by Baston (edited February 20, 2000).]

Turn 0 --> TheThirdJesus

Comment

ENGLISH NOMADS AND TRIBES SETTLE THE ENGLISH PENINSULA

By 4000 BC there were settlements teeming with life and energy all over the english peninsula. The cold to temperate conditions had proved ideal for the nomads and they settled in their thousands after a life of raiding and movement across the wilderness.

Each city is ruled by the chief of the tribe that settled it, although the winds of change are already billowing. The position of chieftan has already become heriditary in most cities and they now struggle for power and dominance over the others as the chief kings consolidate their holdings.

Although they have yet to meet any civilisations the english are curious about any possible neighbours and are scouring the lands nearby for anyone else that they might meet.

With the explorers go signed documents details the consent of all the chief kings to a peace between any new found civilisaions.
      [This message has been edited by Baston (edited February 20, 2000).]

Comment

Turn 0 --> Jenkins

------------------
        "God. Root. What is difference?" - www.userfriendly.org

"God. Root. What is difference?" - <A HREF="http://www.userfriendly.org
        " TARGET=_blank>www.userfriendly.org
        </A>

Comment

Okay, sorry guys but i don't quit understand how to play. I installed the dutcheese mod, and was able to start a pbem game with it, but i don't know how to join in this game. Do i just put in the civs, names, and e-mails of the other people at that one menu and launch the game and take my first turn? Btw i got the turn thirdjesus sent me, but i don't exactly know what to do with it. Sorry for slowing the game down.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Jenkins on 02-21-2000 09:53 PM
            Okay, sorry guys but i don't quit understand how to play. I installed the dutcheese mod, and was able to start a pbem game with it, but i don't know how to join in this game. Do i just put in the civs, names, and e-mails of the other people at that one menu and launch the game and take my first turn? Btw i got the turn thirdjesus sent me, but i don't exactly know what to do with it. Sorry for slowing the game down.

You don't need to start anything at all. When you receive the game all you need to do is double click on the file (it will auto load CTP and the game), play your turn, and then mail it to the next guy following the instructions on screen.

You don't need to set anything up at all i have done that because i started it.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Yeah that helps but i won't be able to continue in the game. For whatever reason my computer's been crashing all the time lately, and i'm having problems just getting on the internet. So you should just take me of this game, or replace me with someone else. Sorry, i'll try to play in a different pbem game in a couple weeks. So once again sorry for slowing the game down.

Comment

Bummer

Third Jesus... you need to replay your turn and attach the AI to Jenkins.

If you wish to rejoin at any time its easy okay

Type ' to open the chat window. Then you type /attach # where # is the number of the player to attach an AI to. To put the player back to human you type /detach # in the chat window.

Comment

In order Jenkins is Player 3.

Comment

Alrighty, I assume I send the turn to finrod.

------------------

</A>

Comment

Yep thats right, though ensure you do the following:

Replay your turn, do the attach Ai proceedure to player 3, then i will know the next e-mail you produce will go to finrod.

Cheers

Comment

Gentlemen,

I've received the game from Third. Unfortunately, until the new patch comes out, as I've been telling Baston, I'm stuck.

As soon as the patch arrives, I will immediately play my turn and send it along.

Finrod

Comment

gack, that sux....

------------------

</A>

Comment

Well it should be out real soon - so the wait shouldn't be too long

Comment

Patch is here;

See main topic in the CTP - Macintosh Forum (just posted it).

Comment

Working...
                              X