Is the Dutcheese PBeM quickstart lacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Dutcheese PBeM quickstart lacking

After playing a few games with Dutcheese, I've found it's missing a few things.

1: No wonders. It seems fairly reasonable to assume that all of your citys would be at an average of 5 pop, you'd have 20,000 pw, 15,000 gold, etc. But the lack of even one wonder makes no sense, I haven't gone one game without building at least one wonder early on.
    What I want to do: The first city each civ builds gets a random wonder in it. Obviously this would be problem in games with a large number of civs, but on normal sized games (8 or less) this would simply be more realistic.

2: Grainerys and city walls. These two improvements are very common, it's insane to assume that otherwise good players wouldn't build these two improvements in at least most of their citys.
    What I want to do: Every one of the first citys you build gets a city wall and a grainery.

3: Caravans. This too is unlikely that people wouldn't have at least a few Caravans to aid trade.
    What I want to do: Each civ gets 5 starting Caravans (this is enough to get one monopoly)

Doe anyone besides me think that the Dutcheese mod would work better with these changes? I've done some editing of other Civ:CTP files, and I figure I could pull these changes off, but I don't want to bother if nobody is interested.

------------------
    "God. Root. What is difference?" - www.userfriendly.org

[This message has been edited by TheThirdJesus (edited March 20, 2000).]
    "God. Root. What is difference?" - <A HREF="http://www.userfriendly.org
    " TARGET=_blank>www.userfriendly.org
    </A>

Perhaps we could write our own version? See my recent topic and lets gets cracking?

Comment

TTJ - Another masterpiece my friend. I agree that this could be done and would like to work with you on this one.

Each of the 3 points is totally valid and would make the game really good. I'd like to add the following to further improve what has already been suggested.

4. Start date is always 1500 AD (Like the other quickstart). Seems a little crazy that in our games at the moment we are building ships of the line in 2000 BC. This would also make for slightly quicker games too which would be nicer.

5. Increase boat movement by 1 or 2 to encourage and facilitate quicker travel overseas. Its frustrating that in some games i cannot reach my enemies/friends for far longer than you'd expect. I.e. 100 years to cross an ocean.

I'll give it some more thought later, as i am at work at the moment, but i thought i'd jot these down.

Comment

Your suggestions sound good, see my post in the other topic.

------------------

</A>

Comment

bump up

------------------

</A>

Comment

Working...
          X