The Odyssey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Odyssey

I'v loaded the new scenario, winner of the contest "The Odyssey" and translated to MacOs with the usual process. Crash, crash, crash. Anybody of you was succeeding?
    Mike.doc

I know what is wrong, the original grapic files where .bmp files right?
    THen you need to copy the contenst of the entire file into a .gif file and then save as a .pict file. If you just convert them the normal way (save bmp as pict) then that will cause the game to crash, I don't know why but thats the way it is.
    I discovered this while doing a lot of experimenting trying to play the carolus scenario (i think) made originally by Jesus Munoz.
    I removed all files and the scenario loaded fine, I added the graphic files only and the scenario crashed, then I experimented and came to that conclusion. I have later used this method on all scenarios that crash on me and that has seemed to work so far.
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

I had the same problem with Kobayashi's new Star Trek creation.Darn .bmp files.Thanks for the tip Henrik
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

So, I looked all over the site for any of the 3 scenarios mentioned (yes, the PC versions ) and couldn't find them. Could someone post a link to one of these scenarios with the BMP files? Thanks.

Comment

Star Trek
          The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

The Odyssey can be found at: http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/kull1/home.html.

But for the moment I'm in,with my phalanx clothes encircled by a lot of armors.
            Holy Henrik, Who knows all (your were right with bmp/gif/pict, but...) have a look on this nightmerry. 3 game texts, etc, oh la la!
            Mike.doc

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Insane on 03-14-2001 11:58 PM
              So, I looked all over the site for any of the 3 scenarios mentioned (yes, the PC versions ) and couldn't find them. Could someone post a link to one of these scenarios with the BMP files? Thanks.

Sounds like I need to post some Mac conversions. Anyone want to compress and send them to me and I'll post them? I need to get busy and edit the Patch notes too (not to mention post a news announcement)!

------------------
              Be what you is and not what you is not. Folks who do that are the happiest lot!
              - Mr. Wizard the Lizard,
              "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Thanks for the pointers. Apparently my ISP doesn't believe in the scenario league, I can't resolve the DNS. I did manage to get to the The Odyssey though.

Thanks again.

Comment

Dp
                  [This message has been edited by Henrik (edited March 18, 2001).]

Comment

Oops, reminds me, I was supposed to send you a bunch of scenarios with descriptions, sorry I forgot.
                    I will get right to it.

Comment

The files are on their way macuser

Edit: Aparently the mail was to big for your mail server I will send it in smaller parts...
                      Edit (again) : your mail is full you might want to trash a few mails...
                      [This message has been edited by Henrik (edited March 26, 2001).]

Comment

I have received the Odyssey from both Mike.doc and Henrik. I've been a bit distracted by a new iMac and OS X!! I'll try to get around to posting soon.

------------------
                        - Mr. Wizard the Lizard,

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Nope, I didn't send you the Odyseey I sent you the bunch of Scearios I promised to send you a long time ago. I never got around to do it untill now, and since your mailbox is now filled you couldn't receive all of the ten scenarios I sent you (that was the number of scenarios you asked me to send at a time).
                          [This message has been edited by Henrik (edited March 30, 2001).]

Comment

Opps! My mistake! I obviously haven't paid close attention to my email in the last week!

------------------
                            - Mr. Wizard the Lizard,

Comment

Working...
                            X