I have run Civ II Gold on three OS 9 machines (a 233 G3, an iMac, and a
    "Lombard" notebook) with no problems.

-Brian
    --
    Brian S. Nesse
    Development Manager/
    Sr. Software Engineer
    MacSoft

I (MacUser) have also been told that MS has posted patches for Office 98 (Word, Excel ect) to fix compatibility problems with OS 9. I was also told (but have NOT confirmed!) that the secret for success with OS 9 is to first install OS 9 (clean install?) and then RE-install programs that are problematic followed by their respective patches, if applicable.

If someone (Finbar) wants to try this out (Finbar) and let us know how it works (Finbar) that would be cool (Finbar )!

------------------
    Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad

[This message has been edited by MacUser (edited December 27, 1999).]
    "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Mr Nesse has some interesting thoughts on OS9 apart from its viability with Civ!

Conveyed in an email to me ... he doesn't like it.

I rests me case!

------------------
    finbar
    Mono Rules!

[This message has been edited by finbar (edited December 28, 1999).]
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

So, over a year later and patches available, does anyone have OS 9.x running on their main Civing machine? My reason for asking is relative to OS X Classic. I waffling on the Mar 24 midnight purchase!

------------------
      Be what you is and not what you is not. Folks who do that are the happiest lot!
      - Mr. Wizard the Lizard,
      "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

I play civ on a G4 whit Mac OS 9.0.4 and it works fine, there seem to be a memory leak in civ but thats probably not the systems fault.
        No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

I've played Civ II at least on 8.5, 8.6, 9.0.4, and 9.1 (can't remember if I still had 8.1 when I first got it), and it's run perfectly on every one of them.

Actually, I can't think of more than a tiny handful of programs that haven't work smoothly from 7.1 right up through 9.1.

-Neil

Comment

Working...
          X