Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ2 Sales

jhoipj
    Last edited by Wiglaf; December 12, 2007, 15:21.

Hmmm. That's the kind of question that MarkG and DanQ would probably know the answer to. They're always posting sales and ranking info. I don't know if I've ever seen anything on Mac sales. Whatever the numbers are, they would have to in the context of the Mac market. Half a million copies in the Windos world would be nothing, but in the Mac world....

------------------
    Be what you is and not what you is not. Folks who do that are the happiest lot!
    - Mr. Wizard the Lizard,
    "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

pkl[estlake, you listening?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by SMACed on 01-17-2001 05:32 PM
        Of all people being pessimistic about apple, it's MacUser ?

Gosh I hope civ3 gets ported. Westlake, you listening?

OH NO! I'm not pessimistic, I was just stating that a relatively small number of sales for Windows machines can be considered good numbers for a Mac. I HATE it when the media goes on about poor sales of an item for macs when the reality is that it out-performed the PC title/hardware when you consider the relative platform installed base.

------------------
        - Mr. Wizard the Lizard,

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

dtj

Comment

It'll depend on pc sales and sales demographics.Also,sales of current MAC games will be a factor.
            Will a profit be made?
            Basically,if it is good-most likely.If it stinks-we don't want it anyway.

Then there is the difficulty of tech support.A mac version will have all pc fixes included but there will be mac bugs.This cuts into profit.We were lucky with MGE that there was guy that approached his feild with great professionalism and worked out patches more or less on his own(Nesse).

Its impossible to say right now.
            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

One other major factor is OS X! With the popularity of Linux, there are a lot of people writing UNIX code. Thus there will be applications ported between traditional UNIX platforms and OS X. I've heard that writing for UNIX is much easier that either Windows or the classic Mac OS. If a developer writes for Linux and OS X he'll get two for the work of one!

I expect that this spring, when Apple starts selling computers loaded with OS X, there will be a buying frenzy!

And a comment about the Mac installed base: one of the things that killed betamax was that there was never an installed base to make it viable to fend off competion. Apple has not only a current base but a multitude of MS-haters! Just wait until PC users have to deal with MS new anti-piracy software! There will be a loud cry and knashing of teeth; teeth that might bite into an Apple!

------------------
              - Mr. Wizard the Lizard,

Comment

Now you're in the right mood, MacUser you son of a bitc
                Last edited by Wiglaf; December 12, 2007, 15:34.

Comment

Apparently even Microsoft seems to think there's a future for Apple: they released the Mac version of Office Suit 2001 three months before the PC on... sign of the times?
                  Mangez en donc un char

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X