Is this possible??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this possible??

In Civ2 classic, I would like to create a new wonder. Can it be done by editing rules.txt or in some other way?

Specifically, I would like to create a Space Platform (preq. Laser, Space Flight) that would put an SDI defense in every city. Prospective cost: 500 gold.

Also, the Genetic Engineering advance and the Cure for Cancer wonder seem to be dead ends. If you get Genetic Engineering, you can build the Cure for Cancer wonder. That's nice, but if a rival beats you to it, there's no point in researching Genetic Engineering.

What I would like to do is create a hospital city improvement that would achieve the same function in that city as the Cure for Cancer wonder if a rival has already built the CforC wonder.

These may be nice ideas, but I don't see how the game can be modified to recognize them.

Possible, yes. However, do I know how to do it? No. You ought to post a note on the Creation Forum or the Hosted Site (HS) Scenario League Forum. ADDING a feature is way different from tweaking an existing feature i.e changing the rules.txt or modifying unit.pict file. I feel your pain though. I would like to modify the application to allow simultaneous play, but alas I'm not a programer!

edit: You know, these are great Civ3 suggestions! Perhaps you should post them their, or check the "List" to see if someone else had the same idea!
    ------------------
    Be what you is and not what you is not. Folks who do that are the happiest lot!
    - Mr. Wizard the Lizard,
    [This message has been edited by MacUser (edited December 19, 2000).]
    "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Working...
    X