Test of Time for Mac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test of Time for Mac?

Last Christmas I neglected to buy Test of Time for the Mac, and this year I haven't been able to find it anywhere (it appears to be out of print, judging from the Activision web page and hasn't turned up on E-Bay).

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

I'm afraid there is till now any Test of Time for us (Macpeople)
    I was just on Habro's site: Sadness eek! Badlucky dogness eek! angerfullness eek! T.O.T ONLY FOR WINDOWS.
    mad
    Quo usque tandem Catilina patientia nostra abuteris?

Mike.doc

Comment

To the best of my knowledge, Hasbro has elected to abandon the Macintosh platform and concentrate on game stations. I read this in a magazine (MacAddict or Mac Home?) article earlier this year. This may have changed as MacSoft/Hasbro just released Risk II. Again to the best of my knowledge, Test of Time was never released on the Mac. But that's okay, cause I'm waiting, hoping for Civ3 on OS X!

I'll look around some more to confirm this.

------------------
      Be what you is and not what you is not. Folks who do that are the happiest lot!
      - Mr. Wizard the Lizard,
      "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

I wrote to Mr & Mrs Hasbro. They answer:

"From: Consumer Affairs
        Subject: RE: Test of time
        Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 08:38:00 -0500
        Thanks for your feedback. At the present time, we have no plans to develop this game for the Mac, but we are always monitoring the market and the latest information can be found at www.hasbro-interactive.com
        Thanks for your interest in Hasbro products!"

I propose a BIG PETITION to "monitoring the market". ToT is a good game,thus let us write to Hasbro (their adress is above) and ask also to do the same to our brother and sister, our neighbors, our boss, our mother-in-law and so on.

Mike.doc

Comment

Shucks! I must have been dreaming last year - or wishfully-thinking, at least. Thanks for the help, y'all, and I'll definitely write to Hasbro.

Has anyone ever tried the PC emulators to run Civ games? How did it work out for you?

Comment

It works laaaaaazily
            leisuuuuuurely
            slooooooooowly

Hey guys, btw, do like Travis and I : send our ToT petition, manage the the market!
            Mike.doc

Comment

Not to be a "wet blanket", but was/is TOT a good enough game to worry about? Based on a lot of the comments from the PC gang, it sounds to me that Civ2 and MPG is still the best of the best, only to be out done by Civ3! I think that our voices are best directed to FireAxis and urging them to develop a Mac and Mac OS X release of Civ3 (whenever that actually happens).

------------------
              - Mr. Wizard the Lizard,

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Well Chief, who are in the knowledge, what can we do to reach that ?
                Mike.doc

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Mike.doc on 12-17-2000 04:03 AM
                  Well Chief, who are in the knowledge, what can we do to reach that ?

I recently started (old idea though) a thread on the Civ3 Gen Forum asking about a port to the Mac either Classic or OS X. So far no one has commented. In previous related Threads a Firaxis representative commented that no decision has yet been made and it would be up to the Publisher (Hasbro Interactive). Thus, I would think that any posts or letters stating that we will buy Civ3, should it come to the Mac, would be a good thing. A petition/letter writting campaign was the deciding factor in the port of Mech Warrior 3 to the Mac, so it can and has worked before.

------------------
                  - Mr. Wizard the Lizard,
                  [This message has been edited by MacUser (edited December 17, 2000).]

Comment

Good!
                    When are we beginning and what to do?
                    Mike.doc

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Mike.doc on 12-18-2000 04:44 AM
                      Good!
                      When are we beginning and what to do?

Pop over to the Civ3 General Forum and voice your support for a Mac version of Civ3! The people at Firaxis apparently read the comment there frequently!

I sent Jeffery Morris a PM asking if a letter campaign would be helpful to encouage Hasbro Interactive to authorize a Mac port. We'll see what he says.

------------------
                      - Mr. Wizard the Lizard,

Comment

Thus, everybody on the desk!
                        Mike.doc

Comment

Working...
                        X