An Ironic Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Ironic Problem

I have the Civ 2 gold editon for mac and have run up to an annoying problem with the graphics part in the scenerio editor. When I want to change the icon for anything, I want to import the graphics. (as any sane person would do.) However, when I try to select the .pict graphics file to import from, the editor says it must be a .gif or .bmp format file. Now this seems kind of silly to make this necessary, when the mac version uses .pict files, but that's besides the point. I therefore got a program to change the format from .pict to .gif, but now the editor won't allow me to select the new .gif file. Arghhhhhh! The fantastic worlds scenerio editor loses most of it purpose when you can't import graphics! Can anybody help me?

Another new Poster! Welcome! I know that I've seen something like this discussed before, but since I don't edit or create scenarios, the answer didn't sink in and stick in memory. I'll wage Smash will weight in on this question! You might also post an note in the Creation Form or check the Scenario League.

------------------
    Be what you is and not what you is not. Folks who do that are the happiest lot!
    - Mr. Wizard the Lizard,
    "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

You'll probably find the only editor worth it's salt is the events editor.

I guess they never figured any MAC players would actually create a scenario

The big problem was the outfit that was subcontracted to make MGE MAC-able.They did a piss poor job.
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

The easiest way to do this is to skip the built-in graphics editor altogether and use GraphicConverter instead. Edit your graphics as a GIF and then save it as a PICT.
        ----------------------------------------
        EchoPapa's scenarios are available at the ACS Mac Site
        and
        Visit the Institute for Naming Children Humanely at inch.stormpages.com

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Smash on 12-10-2000 06:30 PM
          The big problem was the outfit that was subcontracted to make MGE MAC-able.They did a piss poor job.

I'll second that! Gee, this Thread sounds like one from when the Patches were coming out on a month basis!

------------------
          Be what you is and not what you is not. Folks who do that are the happiest lot!
          - Mr. Wizard the Lizard,
          "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

thanks for all your postings people, I still find it ridiculous that the "fine people at macsoft" would do something that ridiculous, but irregardless, I will try to edit the graphics outside the editor and save them as .pict, thanks for the idea echopapa.
            I'm glad to be a new member of the forum, I've played Civilization and Civ 2 for years and loved it. Hope ya'll have a good day.

Comment

Hurrah!!!!!!!!!!!!
              GraphicsConverter works!!!!!!
              My problem is fixed, and my hopes to create civ scenerios are saved!!!!!!!!!
              Thank you for the reference Echopapa!!!!!!!

"Yellow cat, black cat, as long as it catches mice, it is a good cat."
              -Deng Xiaoping

Comment

Apparently I have spoken to soon.
                The graphics convertor allows me to copy and paste pictures from other graphics files, when I use those altered graphics, the games colors go all wonky, for lack of a better word. Oh well. Thank you all for trying to help, I'll keep trying different things.

"Great souls suffer in silence"
                -Johann Christoph Friedrich Von Schiller

Comment

Working...
                X