Giga-Map for Mac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giga-Map for Mac?

Scouse Gits (1) sent me a PM explaining the Giga-map to me (see below). I wonder if a savvy programmer could write an AppleScript that could perform the same function? Wha' ya think? possible? Anyone want to attack this challenge?

Original PM:
    ----- Original Message -----
    Hi - just seen your comment to Smash about the Giga maps and thought I might be able to help...
    Julius Brenzaida has developed a 'patch' for MGE v1.3 which allows the generation of maps up to 32,767 squares in size with sides in the range 20 to 250. (The patch also removes the population and gold limits as well - but I don't know whether they ever existed on the Mac)

Julius' patch is PC only, BUT the generated maps work fine on Mac MGE and so Smash is able to participate in the Giga Succession games as long as he does not have to actually generate the map in the first place.

Julius has also developed a Giga world map and is working on an even bigger one - these should work fine on the Mac

Hope this helps, Cheers, SG[1]

------------------
    "And now for something completely different..."
    - John Cleese
    "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Smash has correctly pointed out that any map may be played on the Mac version of Civ2. However, the Giga-map is unique in that we can not create our own "giga-maps." Thus, my question is should we post several types of Giga-maps on the Mac page so that we can play with them too? I'm sure a generous PC-user could generate a few for me to post.

------------------
    "And now for something completely different..."
    - John Cleese
    "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Working...
    X