Civ2-Mac Web page TO DO LIST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ2-Mac Web page TO DO LIST

Okay, here it is. Post whatever is missing (the scenario that you sent me back when I was on AOL), links broken for a year, text or graphics that you want to add, an FAQ, ect.

Feel free to do some authoring! (I'll reserve the good-taste veto power! )

Let's "KICK IT UP A NOTCH!"

------------------
    "And now for something completely different..."
    - John Cleese
    "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Well Master welcome between us again !
    Is it a life after Civ2?
    I"ll tell you my big Civaddict phantasm. Could it be possible and how, that in the game, every tribe get its own units and cities. Thus minimum 7 sets of units or more and 7 series or more of cities.
    Mike.doc

Comment

I have converted 2194 Days of War.So if you want it..holler.Nemo has no objections.Only problem is a cursed .bat that loads the different events.txt for each civ.However they can be loaded manually.I don't know anything about applescript and it seems no one else was interested.
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Hey Smash
        I holler I scream I squall
        Mike.doc

Comment

LOL!!

------------------
          - John Cleese

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Okay, I'm working on the following Scenarios tonight:

Alexander by Lance Stoudt (didn't happen due to file problems)

To End All Wars Version 2 by Michael Witry
            Spheres of Influence by Michael Witry
            European Empires by Michael Witry
            Cuba by Michael Witry

Sagan, Archer and Age of Piracy sent to me by KRice (need more info BTW)

Sparta (Peloponesian War) conversion by Script

and 2194 Days conversion by Smash.

Indian map from Cobalt.

Anything else? Please let me know what I'm forgeting.

edit: update what I posted
            2nd edit: correct my shameful butchering the name of Michael Witry ! and giving him credit for Cuba.
            ------------------
            - John Cleese
            [This message has been edited by MacUser (edited November 16, 2000).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by MacUser on 10-24-2000 10:05 PM
              Feel free to do some authoring! (I'll reserve the good-taste veto power! )

Let's "KICK IT UP A NOTCH!"

BTW, when I mentioned "authoring", I wasn't just talking about scenarios! I was mostly refering to adding content (text, graphics, FAQ, instructions for scenario creation, etc..) to the ASC Mac web pages. And don't worry about the HTML-ABCDEFG stuff, it you want to create mostly text, tables and graphics, I can easy paste that into web format! So warm-up that Mac and get creating!

------------------
              - John Cleese

Comment

Posted 9 scenarios and one map! It ain't pretty, but it's functional. The one that is lacking is the Alexander scenario. I am still having problems with the files. Hopefully, we'll fix that soon.

Now, any one have a better way to handle these files? I'm thinking a subject index list with links to individual scenario/map pages. The individual page would have a detailed description and screen shots. Could be real work though.

Well, I'm off to bed now.

------------------
                - John Cleese

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by echopapa on 11-16-2000 12:32 PM
                  I admit to being the author of the Cuba scenario, but I never really spent much time with it. If anyone wants to pick up the ball I dropped, go right ahead.

Oh, and that's Witry, with no "n". As in the Champagne city of Vitry-le-Francois. (but with a W, due to Ellis Island)

My most earnest apologies for misspelling your name ESPECIALLY since I know better!! Won't happen again, unless the winter draws on and freezes my brain even further!

------------------
                  - John Cleese

Comment

I admit to being the author of the Cuba scenario, but I never really spent much time with it. If anyone wafts to pick up the ball I dropped, go right ahead.

Oh, and that's Witry, with no "n". As in the Champagne city of Vitry-le-Francois. (but with a W, due to Ellis Island)
                    ----------------------------------------
                    EchoPapa's scenarios are available at the ACS Mac Site
                    and
                    Visit the Institute for Naming Children Humanely at inch.stormpages.com

Comment

Working...
                    X