Problem with Red Front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Red Front

I saved after the first part and when I reloaded for the winter, all the units reverted to the hi-res pack units. And even they were all messed up with warriors, etc. What do I do?

Uh Oh...hmmm...Wulf??

You at season change allready?I'm still working on Oct 41.About 15-20 hours invested so far and I've played 4 turns

Did you run the change season and select 1(june 41) BEFORE you started?

Maybe it might be better if a seperate,individual Red Front folder was placed in the harddrive.Then use that location for any scenario changes.

I should be at the first change fairly soon so I'll know more then...crosses fingers

It'll be a shame if there is a serious problem.My game is going very well so far.
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

What seems odd about this to me is the switching units. If the unit graphics are all in separate folders, how was the Red Front scenario able to FIND the other graphics?

I have the following file path on my Mac:

Hard Drive: Civilization II Gold: Civilization II Files: Scenarios: Red Front: units.PICT

Note: ALL Red Front files are in the unique Red Front folder; with the exception of a SINGLE Sound folder with all the sounds (right Smash? ).

Berzerker, is this the file path that you are using?

Note: I think that a colon is the proper symbol to show the file path for folder and files on a Mac (as opposed to a "/ " on a PC), but I've done that so infrequently that I'm not certain. Pardon the faux pax if incorrect!

------------------
      "And now for something completely different..."
      - John Cleese
      "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

It worked fine for me
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I'm trying to rush throught the first section to get to a save/change season. Man, it this ever a LONG scenario! It really presents the feeling of desparation that the Soviets must have felt! I'm also learning that I know very little about the history of WWII from the Soviet perspective.

On a Civ note, is there anyway to disable all the announcements that pop up everytime the Germans whack 2 or more unit, a unit become vet, ect? While this is handy info when playing for real, in trying to race through to for a season/year change, it's very annoying. I've disabled all the game and graphic options to no affect. I assume that this is a game.txt (or some other file) function.
          Any suggestions? (Well, other than play the game? )

------------------
          - John Cleese

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

I think there is something in city reports.

Comment

You don't have to get to the actual turn to change seasons... To test the change of season you can just save the game anytime as RF.sav (Or whatever it is in the Mac format) and run the batch file for the first winter, then reload. Of course it messes up the gameplay but it will tell you if the batch file and directory is set up properly.
              You could actually test run all 7 seasons on turn 1 and see if they all work, without even playing a single move, then reload the first one and start the game for good.

[This message has been edited by Captain Nemo (edited September 23, 2000).]

Comment

Well,I'm thru to July 42 with no problems.No technical problems that is.

It makes no difference what you call the save on a mac.

this is what happens to me:

I get a pop-up with some info telling me to save...I click ok...it runs thru the city's build orders.

I save.

Then I double click on change season
                I enter the # for the next phase
                I'm asked which file to delete
                I choose my last save
                pause
                message says done.
                I choose load saved game
                I'm in

Comment

Capt. Nemo and Smash: that's good info to know!

BTW Capt., has anyone said "Thank you" for creating such an epic scenario? THANKS!

------------------
                  - John Cleese

Comment

Sorry for the delay, I dont think the season change had anything to do with it, I've noticed having this problem when returning to other saves on scenarios. I'm all screwed up and too ignorant to fix these problems, but it does seem the problem is mixing up unit files in different folders.

Comment

Thanks MacUser for the endorsement.
                      Red Front has been about the most popular scenario for Civ2 in the last year and I have gotten very many thanks from Civ2 players from the PC side but this is the first Mac player endorsement! Thanks

Comment

Thats sounds like something that happens to pcs not macs

I assume you save to Red Front folder in the scenarios folder and then load saved game when you wish to resume?

Is this after a season change or just when trying to resume a save?

Its weird as I have had no problems at all.I'm just about to summer 44 after launching a massive counter attack in winter 43.Drove all the way to Berlin.It fell but the Germans have 3 0r 4 capitols and enough gold to move a couple times which they have once.

Its a bit of work though as my "active" army consists of over 400 units.200 red guards alone.Love those guys.Especially in winter 42.

Yes this a very good scenario.Bit of history lesson at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                        X