Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Delevent" and "Convert Scenario 1.1" released.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Delevent" and "Convert Scenario 1.1" released.

I have made a Delevent for the Mac.
    This is a program that deletes the records of events that has happened in a scenario, and is neccessary for playing of some large scenarios floating around.
    The file is located at

http://home5.swipnet.se/~w-55684/civ2gold/delevent.html
    Site seems to be currently down.

I also have updated my Convert Scenario script. The new version should, with the help of among other programs GraphicConverter change most PC scenarios into Mac scenarios. Notably scenarios containing .Bat files will require additional work, but at least most of the groundwork will be done.
    File is located at:

http://home5.swipnet.se/~w-55684/civ2gold/scenrme.html
    Site seems to be currently down.

Dear Wulf
    First let me thank you for your script "Converting scenario". I use it very often and it works very good. Sometimes however it deletes all the icons off the screen , but clicking everywhere on it, they come back.
    But today I have downloaded franticly the 1.1 upload and...File Not Found. The requested URL /~w-55684/civ2gold/scenrme.html was not found on this server.
    Oh God!
    What's up Wulf?
    Mike.doc

Comment

>The requested URL /~w-55684/civ2gold/scenrme.html was not found on this server. Oh God! What's up Wulf?

Pardon me, that should be: http://home5.swipnet.se/~w-55684/civ2gold/cscenrme.html

The site was down when I posted and I copied and pasted w/o being able to check the link so I lost a "c". Sorry bout that.

Comment

As I said a few months ago, WULF YOU DA' MAN!

When I make the "official" announcement on the main CivII page, I' ll try to it with the appropriate Pomp and Circumstance!

I will be posting these and other expected goodies ASAP. I tried to post stuff just now but the server wouldn't let me. It's probably a permission thing due to my new email/ISP account. That should be fix very soon.

------------------
        "And now for something completely different..."
        - John Cleese
        [This message has been edited by MacUser (edited July 23, 2000).]
        "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Ok sounds good, but how does a person use this?Where are these big scenarios floating around?Converting a scenario like Red Front is not as easy as drag and drop.

Still confused.

oh ya.Where can I find that modifygame.txt thingy?

I do appreciate and thank you for this.I just need to learn how to use it.
          [This message has been edited by Smash (edited July 24, 2000).]
          The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Smash wrote:
            >Ok sounds good, but how does a person use this?
            >Where are these big scenarios floating around?

Try the archives or links on from apolyton.net. Tons of scenarios.

>Converting a scenario like Red Front is not as easy as drag and drop.

No, Red Front is Huge with a large capital H.
            But most scenarios that do not use files named .Bat, which does special things on the PC side, should be as easily converted as drag and drop, assuming you have Graphicconverter 3.8.2 or later.

>oh ya.Where can I find that modifygame.txt thingy?

It is in the .zip file.

>I do appreciate and thank you for this.I just need to learn how to use it.

Try, you like it, tell me. It dont work, tell me. If you are trying it on the very large scenarios, tough luck, but most simple and normal scenarios should be no sweat.

Comment

Boy was posting Red Front and the Delevent a long time in coming or what? Man, I'm glad they're both available now!

------------------
              "And now for something completely different..."
              - John Cleese
              "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Working...
              X