Flat Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat Maps

I have made a large map of India. It is a flat map. But when I play it CIV2 always makes it round. Is this a known bug in the Mac version or have I done something wrong?

The path is:
    Civ II Map Editor /Map/ Set the world shape/
    and choose "The world is flat"
    Mike.doc

Comment

Thanks for the help Doc!

- Mac "I love Chocolate" User

------------------
      "And now for something completely different..."
      - John Cleese
      "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Hi, thanks for replying.
        I have made the map flat in the map editor, the problem is that CIV2 opens all maps as round, even when they were set up as flat in the editor.
        If there is no way to make CIV2 recognise flat maps then I will have to draw the maps differently, to make it harder to travel East/West.

Comment

You can select Flat or Round from amongst the Custom options when you're setting up to play the game. Or have I missed something and you've tried that?

------------------
          finbar
          Mono Rules!
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

That was it. I had assumed that a map set up flat in the editor would open flat in the game.

I have been testing the map. I'll probably post it somewhere so others can try it out.

Thanks.
            Simon.

Comment

Working...
            X