Automate Settler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automate Settler

I played Civ II for the first time this weekend, and I'm hooked! I managed to learn as I played, but a few things stumped me.

Like how does "Automate Settler" under the Orders menu work? I tried several things, but it didn't work the way I thought it would.

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Kayt

Its under orders/automate settler but it doesn't work very well.Settlers,and later engineers tend to wander all over making the odd road here and there as well irrigating in no organized fashion.Much better to control them manually.

Welcome to civ.The worm has turned for you.Civ2 strategy forum is a goldmine of info.
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Welcome Kayt! Ditto what Smash said about settlers. DOUBLE ditto about the info on this site and Forums! Hope to see (read ) you around!

------------------
      Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad
      "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Smash on 06-12-2000 01:32 PM
        Its under orders/automate settler but it doesn't work very well.Settlers,and later engineers tend to wander all over making the odd road here and there as well irrigating in no organized fashion.Much better to control them manually.

Welcome to civ.The worm has turned for you.Civ2 strategy forum is a goldmine of info.

Oh, I'm disappointed to hear that it doesn't work. It would have been neat if the settler could build roads to the nearest cities automatically or irrigate every square near water on their own. I guess there's no fix and no upgrade to version 1? Does it work in Civ II Gold or the other Civ games?

The worm definitely turned for me. I played almost 6 hours straight on one game. Whew!

Kayt

Comment

It is unreliable at best in all versions.
          The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

So Kayt, why'd you stop? Check out the How Addicted Are You thread on the Civ2-General/Community Forum.

------------------
            Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by MacUser on 06-14-2000 06:27 AM
              So Kayt, why'd you stop? Check out the How Addicted Are You thread on the Civ2-General/Community Forum.

I just read the How Addicted Are You thread.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Kayt on 06-15-2000 12:44 AM
                I just read the How Addicted Are You thread.

Comment

Working...
                X