Scenarios Link and Download related info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenarios Link and Download related info

The following originally appeared in the Mac Scenarios/MOD packs/Maps wanted thread in the Civ2-Creation Forum. I'll try to get around to posting the scenarios on the ACS Mac page, but until then you can download at the below site. If you go there don't get freaked by the plain index appearance. Just option-click the file and save directly to your hard drive. - MacUser

KentRice
    Settler

posted January 01, 2000 00:38
    I have converted the following scenarios to Mac gold compatible in my spare time:
    AgeofPiracy - Great scenario. Lot of ship to ship combat and unusual twists.
    Archer - A scenario from the Hodadian awards.
    Barron - Another from the Hodadian awards contest. Very good.
    Combat - Don't remember
    DagorBraggolach - Tolkien - from the Silmarillion. Good, but no comparison to Harlan's LOTR.
    Foster - Another from the Hodadian awards contest.
    Moore - Another from the Hodadian awards contest. Good, as I remember.
    Vikings - A real classic from Harlan Thompson. One of my faves.
    Sagan - Another from the Hodadian awards contest.
    I've posted them at: http://www.cyberramp.net/~lingchih/CIV2_Scenarios/
    Feel free to distribute them.  

To download the files, simply option click on them, rather than clicking on them. This will bring up a "Save As" dialog box. Save them to your hard drive, then use Stuffit Expander to unstuff them. Move the untuffed scenario folder into your Civ 2: Civilization 2 Files: Scenarios folder, and you should be ready to go.
    As for my conversion methods, there is an excellent tutorial at http://civilization.gamestats.com/ci...od_files.shtml
    For converting the graphics, I find that Graphic Converter (downloadable at your favroite shareware site) is the only dependable way to do it. Even Photoshop screws up the color indexing. Sounds are a bit more work. You can do it with SoundApp (freeware) or Quicktime player, but you can't batch convert with these, so it takes a while. I use Media Cleaner Pro to batch convert them, but then, I am a Multimedia Designer by trade, so I have a lot of cool tools at my disposal.
    Hope this helps.

Oh, and by the way. If your Mac has trouble recognizing what type of file the .scn (scenario file) is, use something like ResEdit or File Buddy to change its file type to the same as one of the scenario files included on the Gold CD. My Mac tends to lose track of file type pretty easily, and I end up using these a lot. Anybody else remember when a Mac always knew what type a file was, and it was the PCs that got confused?
    Ah, the good old days.

------------------
    Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad
    "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

ö~ËœC†¼flëßOàÒ.Ãüóûrm|B~åäŸø¯£°Q¯Ñ’'‰Bkl|B §zè}&ê |&ò4y>ƒÂ#òôZ}?Öß?‡ï¼vWF+†ƒ5s?çæió&xjò´îJòî}OläQ½zòáiô>?©‚ ?

This is what I got when I clicked on it - I will go back and click/option. Btw, I have to type in my name and password now for my first post at apolyton - do you know why?

Comment

Name and password are saved in a "cookie". Is your browser enabled to accept cookies? If you used to be able to post without entering info, you may have deleted the ACS cookie.

I was able to download three of the scenarios last night using the option-Click method, so the site seems to work.

------------------
      Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad
      "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Yeah, sometimes your browser can "lose" a cookie so you have to do it all over again. Or if you change your browser preference to avoid cookies to visit another site, and forget to change the preference back, you have to do it all over again too. And with Netscape Navigator, I've found, even if you reset your preference to accept cookies, sometimes it doesn't the first time. Accept cookies, that is.

------------------
        finbar
        Mono Rules!
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Working...
        X