help! events.txt file doesnt't run!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help! events.txt file doesnt't run!

Hello, I would like to play a scenario with an events.txt file. I copied the events.txt file in the support folder, but it didn't seem to work!
    How do I have to install that events.txt file?
    (I've only Civ II for Mac, I don't have Fantastic Worlds or Conflicts in Civilization!)
    It would be very nice if someone could help me. Thanks!

I think you may be out of luck.Scenarios created on later versions don't work on the original game.You need the FW add on that comes with MGE.I wish they would have sold it seperately.

Unfortunately,the ai in MGE has what amounts to a major bug.It's attitude towards you changes drastically in 1 turn from "worshipful" to "uncooperative" to "icy" to "enraged" for no good reason.Basically alliances are impossible to maintain.The ai has a "kill anything organic" style of play which makes most,if not all scenarios,unplayable.

So the FW and CiC addons included with MGE are a complete DUD (IMO).I use it for multiplay only which is rare these days because it is tech problem plagued and no one likes to play 1x1.WHY ISN"T FW SOLD SEPERATELY?

Having said that,if you go to MAC page and look under customization you will find some info on converting PC scenarios.There are some small(tedious)changes that should be done to .txt files so all hope is not lost.....

After a little exploration on this matter of playing scenarios I have decided to get civ2 FW for my PC.I'm not looking forward to using that evil machine but I really want to play Red Front as it was intended
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

The MP AI (both PC and Mac) is being debated in the Civ2-General/Community Forum in the "Don't Buy MGE" (Multiplayer Gold Ed.) thread. The consensus is that, yeah, the AI is more hostile, but the MP aspect is worth the money plus Dip games against the MPG (Multiplayer Gold Ed. - my prefered abrev.) AI can be done sucessfully.

"But what I REALLY came to talk about is the War..." "You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant!" - Arlo Gutherie

"Whatever did he mean by that???"

------------------
      Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad
      [This message has been edited by MacUser (edited May 30, 2000).]
      [This message has been edited by MacUser (edited May 30, 2000).]
      "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Working...
      X