Converting Mac CivII to PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting Mac CivII to PC?

I have a number of scenarios I have made on my Mac, and I was wondering how I can go about converting them so my friends with PCs can use them. Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers

hmmmm.I'm not exactly an expert but i guess it would be like converting pc to mac only backwards

so
    .aiff files must become .wav files

.pict files must become .gif files

There are free utilities for this conversion

game.txt differs slightly.There are some different font widths and descriptions that should be changed but often there is no need

Rules.txt are usually fine

have you added any events?
    see the civ2 mac page/customization for detailed info
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I have the utilities to convert the sound and pict files, but I was wondering about the scenario file itself. I have the utility to convert a PC scenario file to a Mac one, but I am looking for a utility that does the reverse. Anyone know of any?

Comment

Only the sound and grpahics files NEED some actual changing, even if I imagine that handling the graphics files is the same pitb as doing it to the Mac.
        As for the other files....Do nothing.

No, actually you might want to drop the files on resfork killer (search shareware site for this), just to be sure.
        The format are the same. Make damned sure that the files have the correct extension at the end .scn .mp .

Comment

Working...
        X