No music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No music?

Does Civ II MGE play background music on your machine? On mine, a sawtooth G4, it doesn't. I suppose it has something to do with the new digital audio throughput.

The music "partition" of the CD will mount as "Audio CD" and can be played using Apple CD Player, but the game itself won't play it.

Does anybody else experience this? Is there a fix?

I had this problem once and I was somewhat embarrassed to find the game had somehow defaulted the cd player volume to "off".So low I couldn't hear the music
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

No, that's not it. In fact the music starts if I open Apple CD Player in the background of Civ II, but goes away if I try to change it.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the Swedish Apple CD Player (Apple CD-spelare), Swedish OS 9 or Audio update 1.3.

Comment

I turned my music off ages ago, I found it irritating. That was a computer ago. I'll turn it back on again with the newer technology and see what happens.

------------------
        finbar
        Mono Rules!

" ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

hmm..thats odd.Any problems nowadays seem to involve OS9.I stayed with 8.5.1 cuz I'm too lazy to update everything
          The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

No help from me. I popped in the Civ II MPG (Multiplayer Gold) CD and had no problems playing the music. I used a saved hotseat game and play several turns each on both Patch 1.14b and "final" Patch 1.1.1. During these turns I also switched around the music that was playing with no problem. I am using an iMac Rev B. (233 mHz) running OS 8.6. Although I agree with Finbar, I find the background music tiring and haven't played it in a long time.

My CD mounted as a computer folder rather than an audio CD. I wonder about your earlier comments regarding the Apple CD player and other control panels and extensions. What happens if you shut off relavent extensions or control panels? Better yet, what if you trash the Apple CD Audio Player preferrences?

------------------
            Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad

"Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Well, I slipped the CD (MPG) into the slot, ticked the Music option, started a game ... and didn't get any music. That's with the latest "fixed" patch. I'll try it again with the "pre-fixed" patch and get back to you.

------------------
              finbar
              Mono Rules!

" ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
              "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Bum. I fell for the same thing you did, Smash. The CD player volume had defaulted to minimum. Having attended to the volume control, I've got music with all versions of the patch. Now I'm turning it off again. It's just as irritating as ever.

------------------
                finbar
                Mono Rules!

Comment

I'll bet anything it's OS9, pettron. I loaded it, then dumped it because of compatibility problems with nearly everything on the computer.Went back to trusty old 8.5.

------------------
                  finbar
                  Mono Rules!

Comment

Too true! The only reason that I'm running OS 8.6 is for the MS IntelliMouse Explorer!

------------------
                    Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad

"Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Working...
                    X