Mr Nesse not completely lost to us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Nesse not completely lost to us

Out of interest (and concern), I asked Mr Nesse to whom we should turn for help in the future. He replied:

Subject:
    Re: the new patch
    Date:
    Mon, 31 Jan 2000 09:41:36 -0600
    "Brian S. Nesse"
    To:

Umm, well, you're kind of stuck with me... I'm the only person likely to
    ever do any work on this codebase again. Unfortunately it will only happen
    when I don't have other, more pressing, projects.

-Brian
    --
    Brian S. Nesse
    Development Manager/
    Sr. Software Engineer
    MacSoft

------------------
    finbar
    Mono Rules!

" ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Well, that is both good and bad news. Knowing corporations, I'm sure he is and will be feeling pressure to get on with other projects. Perhaps it would help if we could individually sings his praises to his direct supervisor. This is the time for many companies to perform "Job Performance Reviews" (whatever MacSoft calls a review) and glowing notes from paying customers certainly can't hurt!

------------------
    Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad

[This message has been edited by MacUser (edited February 02, 2000).]
    "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

I'd like to know how a company can move on to other projects when this one is very much an on going problem.Civ2 was in the top ten for MAC sales last year.I still don't feel like I am being addressed.

Xin Yu has found another major bug concerning aircraft that needs to be fixed in both PC and MAC versions.
      [This message has been edited by Smash (edited February 01, 2000).]
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

'Tis a good question, Smash. The company is obviously entitled to develop other projects, but servicing the current stuff's important too. Given Mr Nesse's couple of titles, I wonder how big MacSoft really is?

------------------
        finbar
        Mono Rules!

" ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

lol..I'm getting a vision of 2 guys crammed in office that is so small they have to step outside to change their minds.One says "I think I'll head down to the mailroom.What's our post office box # again?"
          The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Nesse beta-tested several versions of CivII Gold with me, but we were never able to diagnose the source of the "crash upon exit" error. Have any of you folks gotten that error?

CYBERAmazon
            "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

"Crash upon exit" error? You mean crashing when you quit? No, haven't struck that. I've frequently had problems quitting - in that it simply won't quit. I'd try quitting via the menu, via the keyboard, and it would be as if I hadn't tried to quit. I'd have to force quit.

My major problems (remaining after the various other bugs were fixed via patches) with the game have been (not in any particular order):

1. Freezes in the AI turns (usually the Barbarian turn)

2. Systematic booting of other players, to the extent that it can't be server problems.

My only experience with the latest revised patch was a bad one (as detailed by MacUser) but I'll give it another chance. Mr Nesse did say, however, that he wasn't confident he could ever completely fix the AI turn-freezing problem.

------------------
              finbar
              Mono Rules!

[This message has been edited by finbar (edited February 08, 2000).]

Comment

so far i have only had the one freeze on the barb turn.Now i havn't exactly logged a ton hours with it yet but its seems no worse than previous updates.

I do get that error message when quitting sometimes but not with any consistency.There doesn't seem to be any detrimental effect from it but it is strange.

barbs seem to be worst culprit.Clear out that dark you people!

Comment

Working...
                X