Patch 1.1.1 questionable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch 1.1.1 questionable

Finbar, Diety, Wezil and I were trying to play our scheduled Sat/Sun US/Oz game last night (US). We had problems getting everyone to join and also getting the game to start. Fin and I were both using the latest patch 1.1.1. We solved the problem by each of us dumping the Civ2 app and reinstalling both the app and the old patch 1.1b4. This was the first problem that I have had with the new patch.

I think that before we go crying to MacSoft we should get several of us together for a Mac to Mac MP using the new patch and see if there are problems, followed by trying to repeat the problems with a Mac to PC game. I think that funky behavior is not uncommon online and we need to make certain the that patch really is at fault before we make demands on Mr. Nesse's time.

Thoughts?

------------------
    Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad

[This message has been edited by MacUser (edited February 06, 2000).]
    "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Hmmmm..Ive been using the new update fairly successfully.At least as successful as b4.

I used to play with alot of Aussies at Gameranger and always had problems.bad isp in Australia.j/k but perhaps the distance is a factor?Ive had the same "cant set up" problems with UK players also
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Well the good news is that I played two PC users in the Netherlands (CapTVK etal.) using patch 1.1.1 for about an hour and a half with no problems. So maybe the Oz ISP was being rather squirrely. Don' know.

The game was the "King of the Castle" map. It may need a little fine tuning, but it is a brilliant option for a 2 hour match! Go check out the thread in MP

------------------
      Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad

"Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Working...
      X