new patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new patch

Good news: according to Mr Nesse, there will be a new patch very soon.

Bad news: he will soon be moving onto another project.

------------------
    finbar
    Mono Rules!

" ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

hmmmm.....any hints as to what was going to addressed in this patch?

yes that is bad news.He has been the one that has responded and seen it thru.

Hopefully its civ3 for mac
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

No details, unfortunately, only bits and pieces I've gleaned in e-mail exchanges with him. But it's certainly not Civ 3.

He's referred to trying to deal with the "unit stacking" problem, which, apparently, is the reason for the locking up problems on the AI Barbarian turn. He said it's related to AI turns in general, but I seem to strike it on the Barb turn. At last report, he hadn't solved it, but had improved it.

He's also referred to "graphics port related stuff", which might or might not be the same thing as the above.

Apart from that, I know nothing. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. As I said in one of the other posts, he's been struggling up hill in a big way dealing with an obviously seriously flawed base product (the original PC Multiplayer game).

Yes, 'tis sad we'll be losing him. He's done an enormous job. And, most importantly, he's been keen and interested in feedback. His personal replies have been pretty much same-day. He's the Development Manager/Senior Software Engineer, so hopefully someone else will be assigned.

------------------
      finbar
      Mono Rules!

[This message has been edited by finbar (edited January 21, 2000).]
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

I also hugely appreciate the effort Brian Nesse has spent on Civ II Gold. I hope he's able to get it a bit more stable before moving on. Either way, his work has been above and beyond the call of duty.

Hats off.

_/\ C
        _/\ C
        Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crud.

Comment

Yeah. With the last saved game I sent him for analysis, he played it for many hundred years as part of the analysis, and included a couple of game tips with his response.

------------------
          finbar
          Mono Rules!

Comment

Working...
          X