Multiplayer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer Question

Hey everybody, I've had CivII Gold ME for about two months now...I've gotten quite bored with the AI, and it doesn't seem to take a whole heck of a lot anymore to get the spaceship in up to deity level (although trying to stay out of a war is a serious pain in the butt)...

my question is, do we have any programs for finding multiplayer games? I use GameRanger, but after searching it off and on all day I never found more than one game...and for some reason I could never join

Any info would be appreciated.

Greg
    TheAppleGuy
    ICQ 38916748

My PERSONAL opinion (i.e., this does not reflect the views of the Apolyton Civ Site or anyone else on God's Earth for that matter), is that GameRanger is a pain in the butt for setting up Civ games. Those games that I have been able to join seem to end abruptly when other players get bored or the first Barb shows up. I have NEVER been able to get someone from GameRanger to save and continue a game for multiple days. Also, like you I have had problems with their server locking me out or dropping me from the game.

Solution? Post on the ACS Multiplayer Forum! I truly believe that you will find more committed and skilled players here than anywhere else on the web! Also, search the ACS forums for the ICQ list and copy a bunch of numbers to your personal list. When people are online you can ask if they have time to start a game or you can schedule a regular game time. If you have the current Mac patch, there is no problem playing with PC users. While I have not played a ton of MP games, those that I have played have continued over the course of weeks. I feel that I have had the opportunity to make friends with people all over the world! What a great way to advance our real world civilizations!

BTW, I lived in NC for five years and both my wife and I graduated from UNC-Greensboro!

I forgot to answer the program question! To the best of my knowledge, the is no "program" (read as application or script) to search the web for a specific MP game. Now, it would be cool if there was such a beast!

------------------
    Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad

[This message has been edited by MacUser (edited December 27, 1999).]
    "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Working...
    X