Scenario Building for MGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario Building for MGE

I'm trying to make a BC scenario w/MGE & the scenario editor won't let me enter any negative numbers in any of the fields. What do I do about this?

This was supposedly fixed in the latest patch. I haven't loaded it yet, but plan to this weekend.

Comment

I was actually able to do it using cut & paste. Ours is not to reason why ...

Comment

>I was actually able to do it using cut & paste. Ours is not to reason why ...

LOL! They must check keys pressed and filter out non-numbers, but not Command-V.

Comment

Wow, congrats Imstoudt! I would never have thought of that.

Comment

Speaking of Scenarios, let me know when you have completed ones and I'll add that to the list of things to update on the Mac page. I mean it is winter, Hell should be freezing up nicely by now...

------------------
            Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad

"Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Hey Mac-ers, where can I find some Mac scenarios. All I got is Ancient Greece and WW2. Thanks

Comment

Right here on the ACS site at http://apolyton.net/civ2/tfgc2s/mac/cfm.shtml
                and on other sites such as http://www.fortunecity.com/underworl...D_archive.html

Now if I would just get off my butt, I could point you to the official ACS Mac page where I will SOON have Mac scenarios posted.

Maybe instead of starting another MP game I should work on the site... Such an idea!

------------------
                Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Hello, I downloaded a few MOD packs, I knew they are IBM and I can't use them. But I can see the unit picts and stuff. What I am asking is... Is there a way i can use some of those units in my game? Like if I like a diff. settler picture can I copy paste it on the old one?

------------------
                  A russian never forgets
                  Don't invade Russia in the winter time.

Comment

You need a program that can convert a .gif file to a .pict file. You can't copy and paste into your own units.pict file because the color palette gets messed up. And you can't convert your own units.pict file into a units.gif file because the color palette gets messed up. So you need to get hold of a copy of the original units.gif file (from some misguided PC owning friend perhaps?); then you can cut and paste the image you want. When everything is like you want it, finally convert the whole thing to a pict file. (Make a backup of the original units.pict file first!)
                    [This message has been edited by valmont (edited December 17, 1999).]

Comment

Thansk a lot!

------------------
                      Ah man! Ghandi! New game.

-Genghis Al
                      Don't invade Russia in the winter time.

Comment

When I converted the Lord of the Rings Version 4 Scenario to Mac I used the freeware program clip2gif by Yves Piguet (see Clip2gif notes http://lexsun.law.uts.edu.au/~peteru...ers/f29009.htm ) to convert to pict and had no perceivable problems. See the instructions in "PC Mod File and Mac Civ II" by Amandeep Jawa available at the Macintosh TFGC2S - MAC page on Apolyton Civilization Site: CIV II http://apolyton.net/civ2/. Take this bearing in mind that I'm terribly colorblind and maybe I only THOUGHT it worked okay! I found clip2gif by searching the web. The original developer is no longer supporting the program, so the education site mentioned in the Amandeep Jawa note is no longer valid.

------------------
                        Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad

Comment

Working...
                        X