Joining a TCP game from a Mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining a TCP game from a Mac

What is needed to join a Multiplayer game from a Mac? When I try it the program stops responding to the mouse, and I'm forced to quit.

Thanks,

R. Meigs
    RMeigs

What system configurations, both OS version and hardware are you using? What version of CivII Gold MP are you using? If you are still on v. 1.0, that may be the cause of your problem. Go here:

http://www.wizworks.com/macsoft/mactech/CivIIGold_ftp.html

Try that and see if that works. Plus, give the application as much memory as you can. I usually give CivII about 30 MB. Pare down your extensions to just what you need for the game and telecommunications (such as Quicktime, and your networking/Internet extensions). Post back here again if you still have troubles, but be specific about what settings and hardware you used when you had your problem. Doubtless someone here can point you in the right direction.

Happy civving!

------------------
    --troydawg

ICQ # 47293837

"A wise man is just a fool with a good memory"
    --Russell Greene, Promised Land, CBS, 1999

[This message has been edited by troydawg (edited October 06, 1999).]
    --troydawg

ICQ # 47293837

"A wise man is just a fool with a good memory"
    --Russell Greene, Promised Land, CBS, 1999

Comment

I am still running CivII Gold MP 1.0. I didn't realize there had been any updates. And now, wizworks seems to be down. At any rate I have not been able to raise it in the last two days.

As for memory, I have 32MB without using virtual memory. I've assigned 17MB to Civ as it is, and the system uses about 10. Does this mean I don't have enough? I'm running OS7.5.5 on a 7600 PPC.

R. Meigs
      RMeigs

Comment

32 is skinny. As someone wise once said: "There's no such thing as too much RAM". Pretty right, to a point. I run 128. I'd suggest at least 96.

------------------
        finbar

Mono Rules!
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Working...
        X