No announcement yet.

MPG Patch WORKS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some recommendations born of experience:Turn ALL graphics options OFF especially diplomacy screen.Turn music,tuter.instant advice OFF.Keep chat down or direct it at particular players.Avoid broadcast to all except when necessary.No activity while ais are moving.Conduct diplomacy on your turn(requires longer time limits I'm afraid).Make sure next person's clock is running before micromanaging,etc.Avoid Rapid opening and closing of screens particularly demographics.No game ever works perfectly Can't wait to do it all again for Civ3.ps..I've had longer "uninterupted"sessions with 4 or less human civs.
    [This message has been edited by Smash (edited September 09, 1999).]
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Well,tried a game with some pc's.I have never seen so many lost connections in a game of civ.I was lucky,only 1,but they were dropping like flies around me and the host.Terrible.Not very encouraging.There was a mix of macs and pcs and it didn't seem to favor one over the other.
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Ok, I must be really dim or something. I went to MscSoft's site to download the patch. I clicked on the link and a window opened asking me to name the saved file. [?? - usually the file I'm downloading already has a name] I tried to use the name "civpatch" but that name was rejected.

Comment

Don't know. I went to the link (the wizworks ftp, not the mirror) and selected it. The normal "save as" box appeared with the long file name in the window. Since it was already selected, I started typing and renamed it "civpatch" and started the download. I saw no problems so I canceled the download.

If you try again and still have problems let me know and I'll mail the patch and Read Me note to you.

------------------
          Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad

"Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Valmont,

Sounds like another version of the problem I have trying to download the patch from this site. Is this patch haunted?

------------------
            finbar

Mono Rules!
            " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
            "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

nevermind
              [This message has been edited by Smash (edited September 29, 1999).]

Comment

Working...
              X