where's wizworks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where's wizworks?

I suffered a bout - half a dozen times in a row over 2 nights - of my end of the game crashing just prior to getting into the map. I'd get the Waiting For Other Players, etc dialogue box, then crash - straight back to my desktop.

Anyway, that's not the problem. So to speak. I reloaded the software and went to the wizworks link - Patch Works topic - to reload the patch. I get a message saying it can't be found on this server. I try wizworks (in all its various forms) and I get the same message.

Can someone else try for me? To see if it's just me or my ISP. Thanks. Bless you in advance, whomever you are.

(I know the patch is on this site. I still can't access it. As described in appalling detail elsewhere in this forum)

------------------
    finbar

Mono Rules!
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

WizWorks has been less than helpful to me as I described in a previous rant.

I would go directly to MacSoft for the patch. They have two sites for the patch: one internally and one mirrored at GT Interactive. The patch is hidden under the "download" link on the System Requirements page; there is not one sentence anywhere stating that a link exists or where it is (GRRR). Here is the link to the MacSoft page:

http://www.wizworks.com/macsoft/mact...IGold_ftp.html

I just noticed that the URL says WizWorks! I guess the MacSoft "download" link takes you there rather than internal. Well, here are the URL for the downloads:

Well ****! both are down! I guess that is what you were complaining about! I will email you a compressed copy. Sorry to waste your time with this reply!

------------------
    Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad

"Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Thanks for taking the time anyway, and thanks for what you're going to do. How can they be down? It's beyond me.

------------------
      finbar

Mono Rules!
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Thanks to MacUser's generosity and persistence, I'm patched and running again.

In case anyone else runs into the crash-when-trying-to-join problem outlined above, we've solved at least part of it. My mate (who was hosting) emailed me the problem game. I opened it as host without a problem. When he tried to join, he crashed. We'll go back through the saved turns and determine whether the whole game is (somehow) corrupt, or just this particular turn.

------------------
        finbar

Mono Rules!

Comment

The patch ftp sites (see above) on the MacSoft tech page are functional again.

------------------
          Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad

"Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Working...
          X