Mac Webpage "The time has come..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac Webpage "The time has come..."

"The time has come..." the Walrus said. It is time to update and dust off the cobwebs on the Mac Civ2 Webpage! I have received permission from Romulo to take over the maintenance of the current site and will start making updates and changes soon. The first order of business, of course, it to fix broken links and add information about the patch. However, other things need to be added too.

It appears that the site was created in anticipation of Civ2 MPG being released. Hence, there are lots of descriptions of what is "new" in MPG. But now that it is well established and available in stores, the site must address the needs of current MPG owners/players. What do we need? I would assume scenarios and links to sites containing scenarios. Perhaps tips on how to best participate in a net-game without making it crash (Smash?). We could determine the optimum Extension/control set for the game. Report on how to make it run on an Apple II (kidding). What else?

Please post (or e-mail me) what type of things you would like to see and, if possible, where I could find them. If you would like to write the definitive work on how to win against the more senior ACS Civ members we would certainly want to post that!

So, let put on our collective "thinking caps" and start talking about "cabbages and Kings"!
    "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Well, I have finally started my first draft for a new Mac web site! Unfortuately it is not legible! Poor backgrounds and stuff. Once I'm not ashamed of it I will post a link to it. I will use my AOL account until I get the bugs worked out of it and then see if it passes muster for an ACS site!

In the mean time, if you want to contribute a page, tips, Mac scenarios, hot news etc. please let me know and email me some stuff. I'll even make sure you get a by-line!

I know that Valmont is hard at work on some scenarios and it looks like I will be converting Lord of the Rings ver 4 for purely selfish reasons! I will have some obvious stuff, but I want to make sure that we have the latest and greatest content. For example, is there a more recent article/instruction set by Amandeep Jawa on how to work with scenarios, the last one is dated, what, 1997?

Give me some suggestions and don't be afraid to yell something like, "HEY! YOUR WEB PAGE...COULD BE BETTER!"

------------------
    Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad

"Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Working...
    X