CivII MGE Patch 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CivII MGE Patch 1.1

I meant to mention this a couple of days ago when I uploaded it...

The CivII MGE Patch 1.1 is now available for download from ACS.

Direct URL:
    http://apolyton.net/civ2/mac/patch/civ2patch.sit.hqx

Its total size is ~1.07MB

---------------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    [This message has been edited by DanQ (edited August 31, 1999).]

Is there a problem with this link? I got a screenful of code. Maybe the problem's at my end.
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

I take it you're using a Mac , so, um...

Try right-clicking on the link and "Saving To Disk" (I think you can download a file like that, as with Windows-based versions of web browsers).

What might be happening is that your browser is saving this file as plain text, as opposed to an actual app.

----------------
      Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

I beleive it is physically impossible for a mac user to right click.Now theres' option,shift,command clicking as well as many others but no right clicking.dam it
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Unless of course you buy a programable 3 to 7 button mouse!

I agree with Dan, somethings not right...Try going straight to MacSoft (if you can find the damn link! see Customer Service Snit), the direct link is in the Topic "MPG Patch Works" and now here too, I guess:

The Mac Civ2 MPG patch is now officially available from MacSoft!
          http://www.wizworks.com/macsoft/mact...IGold_ftp.html

It may help if you use a copy of StuffIt Expander to decompress the file. You should be able to download a copy for free at http://www.aladdinsys.com (the full version, StuffIt Deluxe, costs $ but is very useful!)

------------------
          Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad
          "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Well, I dunno. When I click on the link, I don't go to the site. A new window opens. At the top it mentions bin.hex. Then follows screeds of code. And the little numbers on the bottom bar - as per usual downloading - are rattling through. Once it has finished downloading, I've got a massive screed of code in the window. And that's it. Beats me. Then again, most things beat me! :-)

As it happens, I downloaded the patch from Macsoft, but I referred a few people here because it's a thousand times more accessible. I'll see how they got on.
            " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
            "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Hmm...Give me some details about your system (computer type, OS version, browser, favorite color, whaaat is your quest, air speed of an unladen swallow..) and what typically happens when you download (do you have a default folder that the browser chucks things, is there a program in the background automatically decompressing files...). We'll sort this out or at least teach people to expect derisive comments when asking us a technical question!

------------------
              Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Finbar, now I'm confused. On the "MPG Patch Works" thread it sounds like you got the patch and its but here, a day later you're having downloading problems...So did you successfully install the patch and/or solve the mystery of the screaming code?

------------------
                Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad

Comment

FYI, the ACS patch download works. I was able to download the compressed file to my desktop and decompress it with StuffIt Expander. I opened it all the way to the installer, but stopped short of reinstalling. Anyway the ACS file seems okay.

------------------
                  Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation, MacUser!

Still no luck, Finbar?

----------------
                    Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Yikes, I'm feeling like I've started an international incident! :-) For the record, I downloaded the patch from the MacSoft site when the info that it was available appeared in the other forum. Then, when I found the reference to it here, I clicked the link. As is my wont.

I have no idea why I'm not connecting to this link. I'm a G3 300mhz, running Communictor, OS 8.5. Every other (live) link I connect takes me to the site, and if it's a download, it's directed to a folder on my HD. This time, for whatever reason, none of it's happening.

It actually doesn't matter. Except it annoys me. I don't know why it's happening. Don't waste valuable ether space worrying about it. It's working for others, which is the important thing. Even more importantly, the patch makes playing the game a hell of a lot easier.

As for the air-speed of the swallow, it depends, of course, on which swallow. The Southern European or the ... etc. For now, I'll fetchez the vache, blurt in the general direction of my G3, and bludgeon it with the vache! :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X