• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome!!

let's see how this goes...

I would just like to say that I am glad I don't have a Macintosh

Comment

Well,well,I don't believe it.I'm almost not ashamed of using a mac now.
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

First I'd like to say thanks to DanQ and Mark G for supporting a Macintosh forum/page! Now if only AOL would follow suit...

I would also like to encourage users not to use this forum to bash each other! As a chemist, I have had to learn to manipulate Windows systems (currently in love/hate relationship with NT) at work, and thanks to my wifes preferences, Macs at home. While both camps could pro and con the respective OS and support, the real truth is that it comes down to what do you want to do and how much effort are you willing to expend.

The reason that I harangued Dan and Mark for a Mac forum is that the Mac OS and the Civ2 MPG utilize very different code form the PC, and as a result the machine setup, bugs, ect are different. For example, the setup for net or LAN play uses different (but similar) software and needs to be optimized to avoid crashes and stuff. Also the search for Mac scenarios might be easier if Mac users could query in one place. Recently several questions regarding the MPG editors in the Mac version were scattered over three different threads/folders. Now, maybe all three members could find the answer in one place; I responded to all three questions!

Thanks again for the forum! Mac folks let's make use of it!
        "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

You're welcome, MacUser
          Now I expect you and felow mac addicts to really make something our of this forum

------------------
          Markos, Apolyton Civilization Site
          "I would recommend that I should not be banned until I say so"

Comment

Hmmm...What the heck shall we discuss that hasn't been covered in other forums.Oh!The mac civ2 gold patch is out now, does this mean I could play against pcers?Not that I would or anything.
            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

WHAT?!! Geez, when did that happen? Here I have been working on a list of "features" (bugs) to gripe to MacSoft about and the patch is DONE! Well, you know what they say, snooze and ya' lose! I guess I'd better go get that patch!

------------------
              Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Okay, I give up. Where can I find the patch and is there a "Release Notes" doc. detailing the changes? I looked and could not find any mention of a new patch anywhere.

------------------
                Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad

Comment

Alright, I admit I could have/did look a little harder! :-P The following is posted on the Civ2-Multiplayer forum. Thanks Berzerker!

Author Topic:   Mac patch 1.3 address
                  berzerker
                  Civer

IP: Logged
                  posted August 22, 1999 11:09            
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  This is the address -
                  [URL=http://www.netacc.net/~rufo/civ2patch/] http://www.netacc.net/~rufo/civ2patch/

[This message has been edited by berzerker (edited August 22, 1999).]
                  DanQ
                  Administrator

IP: Logged
                  posted August 23, 1999 11:36            
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Thanks for the note, berzerker.
                  This will be made available from ACS shortly.
                  Our CivII 'for the Mac' site is currently in the process of adding helpers to its staff, so watch for it in our "general" CivII section.
                  ----------------
                  Dan; Apolyton CS

------------------
                  Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad

Comment

Hmmmm...not going to well.A gallant attempt Mark G.I've been playing at gameranger and it is surprising how many civers have never heard of ApolytonCS.And when told their servers don't have a dns or dnl or whatever.

Comment

gameranger?

Comment

hehe pretty good

Comment

Smash, This is exactly why we need the Mac webpage updated and maintained! (are you out there Romulo?) That way if they went searching for "Macintosh+civilization" they would find us! That is the way I first found APS.

MarkG/DanQ, Is is possible for you to contact gameranger and exchange site links? Afterall, we have already mentioned them numerous times on the site, plus MacSoft and MicroProse recognise Dan as the "Emperor"! (see the new credits on the patch). By the way, where IS Romulo?

Heck, what am I thinking? What we need is a link on the MacSoft site!

------------------
                          Different is GOOD!

AOL IM--JacSamDad

[This message has been edited by MacUser (edited August 27, 1999).]
                          [This message has been edited by MacUser (edited August 27, 1999).]

Comment

you can unfortunately consider Romero more or less gone, which means that we dont have someone to update the civ2-mac section....

as for gameranger, any contact info?

------------------
                            Markos, Apolyton Civilization Site
                            "I would recommend that I should not be banned until I say so"

Comment

I believe GameRanger can be found at -
                              www.gameranger.com

Comment

Working...
                              X