• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you want removed from Civ 5 ?

UN

nuff said
    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

are you kidding? I want the UN expanded. I think you could make for some real interesting late game politics with the UN. But you'd have to program the ai to be able to understand the world political situation. I'm not sure how easy that is.

Comment

(1) I want the scoring advantages for earlier victories removed. I am a patient player, and I do not appreciate victories in the 1600s CE being higher-scored than in the 1900s.

To make an earlier victory score not LOWER than a later victory, just prorate the current pop/land/tech/wonder stats to the 2050 CE and add it to the score.

(2) When the AI can handle it, I would like for battles not to predominately be for the cities. I envision actual (gasp!) front lines in the industrial & modern eras.

--
      Re the UN, I prefer there to be more potential routes to victory. If you do not like using the UN then it is your challenge to make sure the AI isn't successful at using it. Same as with the space race.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
        are you kidding? I want the UN expanded. I think you could make for some real interesting late game politics with the UN. But you'd have to program the ai to be able to understand the world political situation. I'm not sure how easy that is.
        The UN would be better if the AI wasn't so damn predictable.
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

List of things to remove from Civ5:[list=a][*]Space Race Victory[*]Diplomatic Victory[*]Cultural Victory[*]Time Victory[*]Domination Victory[/list=a]
          Though I could go either way on the last one.
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

LordShiva, you would require conquering/domination on a huge/marathon game?

Bah! Why don't you play Rise of Nations (RTS with pausing), where you must conquer or meet a number-of-wonders goal?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
              (2) When the AI can handle it, I would like for battles not to predominately be for the cities. I envision actual (gasp!) front lines in the industrial & modern eras.
              Some sub-border system that is cause by invasions would be good for that. Your post has given me a good idea and I will try to make a thread that will describe it soon.
              USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
              The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                List of things to remove from Civ5:[list=a][*]Space Race Victory[*]Diplomatic Victory[*]Cultural Victory[*]Time Victory[*]Domination Victory[/list=a]
                Though I could go either way on the last one.
                If you don't like them, you know enough to disable them. Granted the AI doesn't realize these changed victory conditions (or does it?) and this becomes an advantage for the human.
                The (self-proclaimed) King of Parenthetical Comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
                  LordShiva, you would require conquering/domination on a huge/marathon game?
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

double... Oops

Comment

Space Race Victory is the only true way of winning Civilization.

(though admittedly often not the most fun one)

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                        It is Christmas so you are joking - right.

In real life the UN is a joke - just a freebie job for unemployed former politicians, that still want to live the good life.

The only time any UN resolution may have any effect, is if the top 5 or so countries want it to. Even then if they do not supply the manpower - nothing would change.

Merry Christmas everyone.

At least to those that believe in it.
                        "What if somebody gave a war and nobody came?" Allen Ginsberg

"Opinions are like arses, everyone has one." Anon

Comment

For Civ 5, I would like that they work a little bit more Civ IV...

Comment

Nukes.

I don't see any point in having them, and I fail to see the fun and excitement of having them used against me. First thing I do with the UN is have them outlawed. First thing the AI does with the UN, after wasting a turn trying for a diplo victory, is outlaw them.

I think there should be a greatly expanded terrorism factor, and pocket nukes should be included in that, but that's it.

Comment

considering nukes have never been used by terrorists, but have been used by a nation during war; I'd have to say we should keep nukes as is. Sure they aren't really an option. And that is how it should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X