Colonization!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colonization!

Prompted by this forum, I'm reinstalled Colonization, and its running smooth. Yea baby.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Congratulations! It's still a good game, isn't it?

Don't you have any sound problems? My background orchestra tends to change tempo in the midst of a piece and whenever they see a woodcut they go crazy.

Comment

When I installed it I choose to select no sound. I remember there were problems with it last time I had it installed and I know people were saying they had the same problems so I decided to just nip that in the bud.

One question, does anyone know how to fix the damn trade routes so they actually work? That has always been an annoyance of mine.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Unfortunately, trade routes are a nuisance. I haven't used them in ages.

However, I remember reading somewhere that the weird stuff only happens when you create more than twelve routes or start editing them. If that's true the problem can't be fixed, but you can avoid it by limiting your trade routes to 12 and deleting and recreating them when you need to make a change. It's a lot of trouble, but probably still easier than to move stuff around by hand.

(Thinking about this, I have a funny feeling that I will soon find myself playing Colonization again just to check this.)

Comment

I still have problems with them when I've only got one or two.

Comment

I just got it installed and runing with Dosbox.
            No problem with trade routes or music,but I had to disable sound efects because,when founding cities,the noise was horrible.
            Best regards,

Comment

Could you explain about Dosbox, please?

Comment

Dosbox is an emulator that allows to run dos'programs,mostly games.As I know nothing of computers I cannot tell much more.It's free and always developing.I think it is not against Poly'rules to post here,so:
                http/dosbox.sourceforge.net
                Best regards,

Comment

Ah nice, I think I'll go get that and fire up my old copy of Doom 2.

Comment

Good.Then,if you want,tell me about.
                    Best regards,

Comment

I couldn't figure it out. heh. I installed it, but I couldn't figure out how to run anything off of it, heh, its been so damn long since I've used dos.

Comment

I think it's needed to read the instrutions.It's easy,I got itless you want to get the most of it.But with just the mount command one can go on.
                        Best regards,

Comment

Working...
                        X