Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble looking at SMACX SAV files

Hi ,
    I'm new to PBEM / Democracy Game in SMAC/X and I can't seem to load the SAV files posted on my Mac.
    I get LOAD ERROR / ERROR READING FILE
    Anyone who can help?
    Google on Web / Groups was no help.
    FAQ on AC site was no help.
    -freshman

System?
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Mac OS X 10.3

Alpha Centauri / Alien Crossfire both load up in the virtual Mac OS 9.2
      -freshman

Comment

hmmm... how do you try to open the files?

I open them via the open dialogues and do fine...

Actually, now that I think about it, we may use a modified alphax.txt which means you may need to have that before you can open the file. I generally go off of the screenshots posted by my faction, which may be why I haven't noticed a problem yet.
        I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Can you post the modiefied alphax.txt or point me where to download it?

I tried the Load file on the front menu as well as Load from Multiplayer second level menu.

I did install the 1.5.2 alpha centauri application patch (Oct 20 2000)

My crossfire app says version 1.2 (May 3 2000)

My alphax.txt says 63,188 bytes Dec 11,1999
          -freshman

Comment

My whole multiplayer section seems to be broken. Not only can I not upload a multiplayer SAV file, but when I try to create a Multiplayer game, a bunch of unprintable characters appear where the Factions ought to be. When I select fresh factions from the drop down list to replace the weird characters, that works, but then when the game starts the screen is frozen.

I tried Norton disk fixing (just minor problems) and a reinstall to no avail. I think I must have a bad executable. Can someone help? Do I contact Fireaxis and have them send me an executable? What should I do?

This game is a little boring without multiplayer capability.
            -freshman

Comment

Hmmm... You could try e-mailing them.. The file error thing I've encounted with trying to open SMAX turns with SMAC. Try updating SMAX. Also, you shouldn't need a modified alpha.txt I don't have one, and it works fine for me.

Comment

I found the answer myself. I went to Aspyr's website and dug around for patches and found one. I had 1.2, and there was a 1.2.1 patch available, which when downloaded fixes this problem. Yeah!
                -freshman

Comment

Now if we could only get TCP/IP working...
                  I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Working...
                  X