Setlers of Catan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setlers of Catan

Anyone know of any strategy / discussion sites for the 'Settlers of Catan?' boardgame? Or does anyone here play it even?

erm, excuse the typo in the title ...

Comment

I play the boardgame version quite a bit. It's a very unusual game; enough depth to interest a hard-core gamer like me, but easy enough that my wife loves it.

I've got a computer version that runs in DOS; it's been awhile since I played it, and for all I know it may not even run on my new XP machine.

Haven't seen a discussion site, but I would think you could find it with Google if one exists.
      "THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

I play it.

I'm not sure where you'd find a discussion board; I haven't looked for one myself.

There's a java server for playing SoC at http://settlers.cs.northwestern.edu/server2/index.html (that's actually the alternate server; both it and the first server are generally busy). Speaking of which, Catan players at MZO were meeting up there to play for a while. We should revive that...

Is anyone interested in an Apolyton game there every once in a while? Perhaps saturday or sunday evening US sometime?

Comment

Thanks for the link, Kloreep

I've only played it a few times, so I'm not up to mixing it with good players yet, but with that Java version I'll be able to get some practice against the AI. Once up to speed, I might be up for an Apolyton game. I'll check out MZO too.

Comment

A good strategy doc is available from:

and this site is worth a look:

Comment

Working...
            X