Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite random pick for heroes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite random pick for heroes?

I thought we needed a new poll to put some life back into this forum. One of the cool things about this game is that every game is different; one of the things that causes those differences is the random pick for heroes. There's a big difference between a Noble Serena and Serena with Leadership. But which is better?

My vote: Lucky. A lot of the other abilities are useful in the early game, but less so later on (10 gold/turn is huge early, but insignificant once you have your economy cranking). The abilities that enhance other units aren't much good if you're afraid to send in your wizard against Cracks Call, Great Wyrms, Psionic Blast, etc. Lucky gives +1 to hit (useful until you can get +7 to hit by other means), and makes shields more effective, which is a huge bonus. In my current game, I've got a lucky Taki, who has 14 shields at gold medal level. He can slaughter neutral city garrisons and mid-level monsters in lairs without taking a scratch.
    Agility
    0.00%
    Arcane Power
    0.00%
    Arms Master
    28.57%
    Blade Master
    14.29%
    Charmed
    0.00%
    Constitution
    0.00%
    Leadership
    0.00%
    Legendary
    0.00%
    Lucky
    42.86%
    Might
    14.29%
    Noble
    0.00%
    Prayer Master
    0.00%
    Sage
    0.00%

Lucky, of course
    It is not the only the +1 to attack roll, it also gives +1 to the defence roll, and there aren't much other things that do the same ....
    Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Lucky.

I remember Torin the Chosen with Lucky and Agility random picks (better defence than Super Agility that can happen when Agility will be rolled twice). With all starting low-cost Life buff spells (Heroism etc.), Torin killed Sky Drake. I remember this because it was a competition with my friend who'll get a maximum level hero faster on impossible difficulty. My Torin won in exactly 10 years - if i remember correctly it's a Demigod status (1000 Exp) in 120 turns As a side effect i won our fastest victory and fastest one town victory competitions
      Knowledge is Power

Comment

Hmm, I chose Arms Master but Lucky sound pretty good.
        He's got the Midas touch.
        But he touched it too much!
        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

I too chose armsmaster because I usually relay on my regular army and not heros. Heros, even Torin tend to be a bit too fragile at the beginning. By the time, they become tanks, my regular armies have pretty much decided the game one way or the other.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I like blademaster. True, lucky does give you a +1 to hit in the beginning, but a blademasters to hit gets high in later levels. (this is for melee)

A demigod with regular blade master has a 100% chance to hit, which is ridiculous (and difficult to reach).

I then like to make a +6 axe with lightning, destruction, flaming. armor piercing, +9 attack, chance to outright kill an enemy (if you load up of - spell save). Don't have to waste a +hit modifier for weapons/misc

Otherwise, i like super arcane mastery, huge damage boost, especially nice on warrax, because of his armor piercing ability (he can get enough punch to kill magic immunes)

Comment

Working...
            X